Awkward - Teen Wolf

10:30pm

Dozing off, just between consciousness and the peaceful bliss of sleep. Derek's chest rising and falling, his breath light, his hands on my waist. My eyes slowly fluttering shut.

My phone had other plans, a cacophony of violent vibrating and ringing erupts from my phone. Lazily lifting my hand hovering to the bedside table, Derek shifting onto his side, a small groan escaping his lips.

My eyes try to drink in the iridescent  glow of my phone screen, glancing at the saw the caller ID.

Allison.

"Hello" I sleepy grunt, rubbing my eyes. Letting out a tired sigh.

"Hali," She sobs "C-Can I come over, please?" She seems to plead down the phone.

"Of course" I reply sitting up, my legs dangling over the bed "What happened?" I ask, pulling my slippers on with one hand, trying to think of all the wild reason why she would be calling so late.

Unless in a drunken stupor, with Scott.

"S-Scott he...I'll explain later" Aubrey chokes, hanging up.

Sitting up trying to unfurl the strange short call, confused. An arm wraps around my waist pulling me back onto the bed, before I can stand.

"Babe, what's going on? Come back to bed" Derek yawns, putting both arms around me, his head nuzzled in my lower back.

"Derek I can't" I sigh, moving his hands standing up. Stretching my arms up, moonlight leaking through the misty windows.

"Why?" He asks, yawning again sitting against the top headboard. His arms crossed over his chest, my eyes scanning the floor trying to find his shirt. Pulling his shirt over my head, making my way to the kitchen. Searching the cupboards for a moment, I pull out two travel mugs.

"Derek?" I ask, putting the kettle on and walking towards him. Where he was stood, shirtless, his hands in his jogging bottom pockets.

"Yes" He answers, a sigh escaping his lips.

"Can I borrow your car?" I ask, putting my arms around his waist placing my head in his chest in a hug.

"Why?" He questions, his arms wrapping around my shoulders.

"Something's happened with Allison and - Tea's ready" I spoke, not finishing my sentence. Filling up the travel mugs with urgency and precision.

"So can I borrow the car?" I ask once more.

"Only if I get to drive," He smiles, spinning the keys around his index finger smiling "We can talk on the way" He says, pulling me into a hug.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I knew where she would be, driving along the road, I could feel her emotions.

So much heartache. Sadness. Pain. Frustration.

My eyes land on her, walking along the street lost in her thoughts, pressing my palm against Derek's horn, his eyes glaring at me.

Shaking it off, I roll down the window, hanging out if it waving at her. She runs over, jumping in the back.

"Okay, what happened?" I ask, like her mother, turning in my seat holding a travel mug for her to take. She sits in silence for a minute, before giving a very vague description of what happened.

I was aghast. 

"Stupid teens and their meaningless crushes" Derek mumbles, I give him a glare from the corners of my eyes, He didn't seem to notice.

"Don't worry you can stay with us tonight" I speak, patting her knee for reassurance. When I turned around and looked forward taking casual sips of tea every now and then. Her eyes fixate on the window, the world travelling by in a blur of dark blue sky, pale moonlight spilling, colouring the lightly frosted leaves and bland grey pavement.

"Allison, I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate, I'm sorry about what happened with Scott" Derek apologises, pulling into the drive looking at her through the mirror. A brisk smile pulling at the cover of her lips, her face going back to sadness.

11:20pm

We sit on the sofa for a few minutes, Derek went back to bed after coming back to the loft. I sit with my arm around her, a blanket on her shoulders as she sat drinking the tea I had made.

"You can sleep in my old room, I'll only be over there," I say, pointing towards the bed in the corner with Derek sound asleep "If you need me ok?"

"Ok" Allison whispers, her hands around the black travel mug, I gave her a quick squeeze and went back to bed. Curling up against Derek's chest curling up, soon drifted into sleep after hearing Aubrey's steps slowly fade as she climbed the steps.

Hopefully she gets a peaceful nights sleep, hopefully I won't be woken up during the night. Again.