7. Choosing a Side

Everything he loved was wild and free, like her

~●~○~●~

When Narissa got home, she found no signs of Will. Therefore, after changing her wet clothes into a long wine red coloured skirt and a white sleeveless blouse, she decided to look for him. When he was not at home, it was most likely to find him working and, as Norrington's ceremony had been interrupted by Elizabeth's accident, she knew he could only be at the blacksmith's shop. She was quite sure that she would find him there.

It didn't take long for her to arrive at the shop. She tried to open the door, but it remained closed. She frowned; it couldn't be locked, as it was too early for Mr. Brown to close. She pushed it once more, but it was useless. Maybe it was broken, it had happened before. Sighing, defeated by a door, Narissa turned around and circled the building to get to the back door. This time, she succeeded and she entered the shop, which was quite dark, as usual.

"William, you won't believe what happened today," she said, almost laughing.

She was surprised by Will and Jack fighting each other on top of a wooden cart, Will wielded two swords. None of them seemed to notice her presence, as they were too focused on killing each other. She was not sure if she should intervene; if she joined the fight, she'd have to choose a side and she wasn't sure that she wanted to do that.

She noticed that Jacks chains were shattered, although the shackles were still around his wrists. The chains hanging from his left hand twisted around one of Will's swords, so the boy stabbed the sword up into the ceiling.

Jack tried to fight him hopelessly with only one free arm, while Will dodged his sloppy moves. The pirate then stepped onto a wooden plank, which lifted and hit Will on the face, causing him to fall and his sword to fly out of his grasp. With this advantage, Jack hoisted himself up and tried to free himself, using all of his weight to take the sword out of the ceiling.

Meanwhile, Narissa retrieved Will's sword and ran to stand by his side. When he stood up, he looked at her surprised, since he hadn't realised she had arrived. She just smiled and gave him the sword. She could not let him face Jack unarmed. Even if she didn't take part in the fight, she wouldn't let William get hurt.

When Jack finally succeeded on his task of freeing his left arm, his body dropped onto the cart, where Will was already standing, and the young man was flown up to the beams above them. Jack rolled over, but quickly got up on his feet again.

He found Narissa in front of him and tilted his head to one side curiously. "You again?" he asked, to which she just shrugged.

The pirate was so distracted, that he didn't even notice William dropping some barrels down to the cart, which lifted Jack up to the beams, where his opponent was waiting for him. They fought up there for some time, jumping from beam to beam; Narissa found the scene quite comical. Will was graceful and elegant, while Jack's movements were more clumsy.