15. Keep to the Code

When you wrap me around your fingers, and you make me do that shit I never do

~●~○~●~

Morning came and the first rays of sunlight crossed the window to light the cabin in which Captain Jack Sparrow laid with his first mate between his arms. He woke up as soon as some light entered the room. Looking down at the woman who laid by his side with her head on his chest, he smiled fondly. She was more relaxed than he had ever seen her; even a small smile could be seen on her lips as she slept. He stared at the ceiling while his hand trailed along her tanned skin, and recalled the events of the previous night, wondering how he had become so lucky. It had been the best night of his life, and that was coming from a man who had slept with more women than he could count.

However, his time of peace couldn't last forever since, as the captain of this ship, he had things to do. They were very close to Isla de Muerta, they would be there in a few hours. Therefore, he reluctantly decided it was time to get up. He didn't really want to leave Narissa's side; he loved how her soft skin felt under his hands and having the warmth of her body so close to him, but he had a duty.

He raised slightly the blanket that covered her body above her breasts and peeked under it, just to see her naked form one last time before leaving the bed. Then, he placed a gentle kiss on her bare shoulder and slowly got up without making any harsh movement and managing not to wake her. It was a difficult task, since her head laid on his chest and one of her arms was placed across his stomach, but years of sneaking away from women while they were asleep had finally payed off.

She stirred a little and muttered his name in her sleep. He smiled at this. Was she dreaming about him, or did she simply miss his touch? Either way, both thoughts made him happy.

He looked for the clothes that she had taken off him. The trousers were right next to the bed, but his worn out shirt had ended up on the desk; he laughed quietly. He dressed without a sound, put on his boots, his coat and his hat, and slowly opened the door to leave, sending one last glance at Narissa before leaving.

She woke up about an hour later. With her eyes still closed, she stretched her arms, searching for Jack's warmth. When she found no sign of his body, she opened her eyelids and saw that the other half of the bed was empty. She was disappointed, she wanted to wake up next to him, but the sound of the crewmen yelling and working reminded her that there were things to do on the ship. She shouldn't have overslept, she had to work! She wasn't a lazy sailor, after all.

After dressing quickly, she left the captain's cabin. As soon as she set foot on deck, every man's head was turned to her, most of them sent her knowing smiles. She rolled her eyes; they had heard her last night. It didn't surprise her, she knew she had been very loud.

Her eyes scanned the ship until they landed on the captain, who stood proudly at the helm. She was heading to him, but her friend Will stood in front of her, blocking the path with his arms crossed. His face wasn't friendly; in fact, he held a stern cold expression. "Where were you last night? You didn't sleep with the rest of the crew."