12. Forgive and Forget

She'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding

~●~○~●~

It was their second day at sea and they hadn't had any trouble with the weather or the navy so far? Was Norrington following them, or was he more focused on finding Elizabeth?

Will decided that it was time to talk. He approached Narissa, who stood by the railing of the ship. He stayed next to her with his hands folded behind his back, but didn't say anything for a long minute. The atmosphere tensed between them, silence filled the air. She couldn't stand it anymore, if he had something to tell her, he couldn't keep her waiting.

"If you're going to say that you hate me, go on. You're not the only one in the ship who does." Her eyes travelled to Jack, who stood behind the wheel, holding the compass in his left hand. She had noticed his angry glances and glares from time to time. He hated her, she was convinced. And why wouldn't he? She would also hate herself; in fact, she already did. She reached for the sword that Will had made for her. "You can take it. I don't want it if I disgust you so much," she told him with a trembling voice. Her gaze didn't leave the sea, refusing to look at him. She feared that she would break down in front of him if she did.

Will frowned and shook his head. "That was a gift. I won't take it back. I..." He sighed. "I have cleared up my mind. In the last eight years, you have never given me any reason not to trust you. Besides, you said that you left piracy years ago... So I don't see you as a pirate." He looked down at her, smiling, but her eyes were fixed on the horizon. "You're my sister, I could never hate you."

Eventually, she gathered all of her courage and tore her eyes away from the landscape, she looked at him with a sad smile. "I'm glad that you still appreciate me, but I will always be a pirate." She sheathed the sword back. "If you can't love me being a pirate, you can't love me at all."

She walked away from him and climbed up to the crow's nest; she suspected she would spend a lot of time there as long as her friendship with William kept falling apart. She hadn't expected him to accept her, but it was hurting her. She could not deny it: She was a pirate, she would always be; and the more time she spent at sea, the more she loved it. It was in her blood, in her soul. This was what she was born to do. To sail the seven seas, to explore, to escape, to steal, deceive, raid, to break the rules. To be free.

It really pained her that Will didn't approve of this, like he didn't approve of her happiness. Maybe one day he would understand that being a pirate didn't necessarily mean being a bad person. But that didn't seem to happen any time soon, he even refused to believe it was also in his blood. She was losing everyone she cared for: Starting with her mother's death, then Jack, her father, and now she was losing William too... Maybe she was made to be alone.

Will sighed as his friend walked away. He looked at the captain, who was at the helm. Narissa said that he hated her. He frowned, had they met before?