21. Plans

A heavy heart, a messy soul and a reckless mind

~●~○~●~

Both pirates were talking under the burning sun of the deserted island, hoping that a ship would approach them and the plan had worked. They had spent about an hour sitting there; firstly in comfortable silence, then catching up for the ten years they were apart.

Jack laughed loudly as Narissa told him how she discovered that Will fancied Elizabeth. "He wouldn't stop talking about her? Nothing has changed, then. It looks like his lovely Elizabeth is all he thinks about."

The woman nodded. "She really is, but I'm afraid he won't ever dare to tell her. He thinks she's too good for him, being a noble woman and all that stuff..."

"Well, you're too good for me, but I finally got you anyway." He kissed the back of her hand. "If I managed to seduce you, I'm sure young Turner can manage to marry that woman one day."

"And what makes you say that you seduced me, captain? I remember you were angry at me until I seduced you," she reminded him, attempting not to laugh.

"Aye, you might be right, Nari. But in my defense, I must say you're too difficult to be angry at, you're too lovely."

He reached out to caress her cheek. His touch was so soft, that she couldn't believe it belonged to Jack. Their eyes met. Her breath stopped for some seconds. He was so beautiful to her. Not attractive, not charming. Beautiful. More beautiful than any other person she had met. His hands travelled down until they grasped her hips, pulling her onto his lap. Her hands rested on his shoulders and slowly moved to his neck. Narissa leaned down to kiss him, but he didn't move. He stared incredulously above her shoulder. Frowning, she looked back at whatever he was looking at.

White sails floated gloriously over the turquoise Caribbean waters. It was the Dauntless. The navy had found them, looking for Elizabeth.

Narissa smiled without taking her eyes out of the waters. "Lizzie was right after all."

"There'll be no living with her after this." Jack sighed and Narissa turned her head to look at him again. He didn't seem as happy as she had expected him to be. She stood up and offered him a hand to get up, which he accepted before speaking again. "They'll arrest me as soon as they get here. You know that, right?"

She grabbed his head between her hands, stood slightly on her tiptoes, and pecked his lips. "You'll find a way to escape, you always do. You're Jack Sparrow."

"There should be a captain there, love." He smirked.

"I have the right to call you what I want." She winked at him.

They headed back to where they left Elizabeth before. They found her almost jumping with joy,  screaming lots of "I told you!" and "it worked" at Jack. The captain grabbed his boots, his pistol, sword and compass, calmly ignoring the girl's words. A longboat headed toward them.