16. A Family Reunion

He had dreamed about her so many nights, that seeing her again felt like he was still sleeping

~●~○~●~

The group of three were in a small boat, heading towards the skull-shaped island. In the far distance, a black ship could be seen, anchored by the shore. Jack's eyes lingered on it for a moment. As they arrived at the island, they saw a narrow river that ran through Isla de Muerta; they followed it. The water entered a dark cave in which the cursed pirates were gathered, their voices echoed in the air.

From the boat, the young Will saw a skull beneath the water and a shiver ran through his spine. He gulped and turned slightly to Jack, who was rowing. "What Code is Gibbs to keep to if the worst should happen?"

"Pirate's Code," the captain replied simply, then explained to the confused boy. "Any man that falls behind..."

"...is left behind," Narissa finished for him, a taint of fear in her voice.

"No heroes amongst thieves, eh?" Will said, not surprised at all by this pirate rule.

Rolling his eyes, Jack told him "Y'know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates you're well on your way to becoming one."

Will frowned at him, offended by his words, while Narissa said "It's true. You sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the Fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga..." A smirk rested on her face.

Suddenly, a golden glow rised from the water. Both men looked at the gold on the bottom of the river stupefied. Jack commented "And you're completely obsessed with treasure."

Finally, the boat was stopped next to an opening that led to the pirate gathering. Will climbed down the boat while saying "That's not true! I am not obsessed with treasure."

Jack held Narissa's hand to help her step on land and, locking eyes with her, he whispered "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."

She smiled fondly at his words, but she was determined to suppress her feelings for him; they only had a fun night, nothing more. Even if he had confessed he felt something for her, she knew he would get tired of her, as he did with every other woman.

Jack pulled her towards the opening, followed by Will. On the sloped floor, many coins were scattered around. They looked at the reunion of pirates, all the crew was gathered around their captain: Hector Barbossa, who spoke loudly "Gentlemen, the time has come! Our salvation is nigh! Our torment is near at end." He stood next to a big stone chest on a hill of treasure. By his side, there was a woman dressed in a dark red velvety dress; her dirty blond hair was messy and it was clear in her eyes that she hadn't slept in days.

"Elizabeth!" Will exclaimed in a whisper. He would have jumped out of their hiding place if Narissa hadn't held him back by his shoulders. When the boy looked at his friend begging her to let him go, she shook her head determined. They had to wait.