22. It's Over

All the disappointments, broken dreams and dark experiences would soon be forgotten

~●~○~●~

As Elizabeth and Narissa rowed towards Isla de Muerta, they saw the Black Pearl floating proudly in the distance, near the island. It appeared that nobody was on the ship.

Narissa pointed at the black sailed ship. "The crew," she murmured, and Elizabeth understood. Surely Jack's crew would help them. They rowed towards the ship and climbed over the gunwale, sneaking onto the deck. Once they set foot on the wooden floor, Barbossa's skeletal monkey dropped down from the mast, just in front of them, screeching at them. They were startled at first, although Elizabeth was mostly annoyed. She grabbed the animal and threw him overboard.

Narissa stiffled a laugh. "Poor Jack, he isn't that bad." She would have pitied the animal, hadn't she known that it couldn't die.

They both looked over the gunwale. Two skeletal heads stuck out from one of the gunports, looking down at the splash caused by the animal's fall. Panicked, both women ran away from view before they could see them.

They raced downstairs, below deck, to find the cells. When Narissa heard footsteps approaching them, she grabbed her friend's arm and pulled her behind a column with her. They stopped breathing until the cursed pirates ran past them, heading up to the deck.

They stood out from their hiding place and reached the cells. The crew was gathered in one of them, in the darkness. Gibbs tilted his head looking out from the cell. "It's Narissa and Elizabeth!" he whispered exitedly.

Narissa held the key that she had stolen from her father days before, smirking at Gibbs. As soon as they were free, they all ran back to the main deck. Waiting for the two cursed pirates that were guarding the ship to appear.

When the pirates were in sight, looking for whoever had sneaked onto the ship, the girls and the crew pushed a boat towards them, sweeping them off into the water.

They all cheered as Narissa and Elizabeth grabbed the gunwale of the boat.

"All of you! With me!" Elizabeth yelled. "Will is in that cave, and we must save him." She didn't look at them, so she didn't realize that they weren't even moving. Narissa saw this and released her hold on the boat. "Ready and... Heave!" The boat didn't budge. She turned around. The crew was looking at her, not moving at all. Both women looked at them, incredulous.

"Please, we need your help! Come on!" Narissa shouted.

The parrot replied "Any port! In a storm!"

"Cotton is right. We've got the Pearl," Gibbs said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Narissa looked hurt and betrayed by his words. "What about Jack? You're just going to leave him?"