18. Rash Actions

Dépit: Grief mixed with anger, due to a disappointment

~●~○~●~

Narissa reached for the key under her sleeve and unlocked the cell's door that separated her from Jack.

"Thanks, dear," he said with a flirty smirk as she let the key fall to the floor.

On board, they passed through Barbossa's crewmen and headed to the side of the ship that was facing the Interceptor. Jack stood on the wooden rail. A sailor hanged from a rope to sweep from the Interceptor to the Black Pearl; Jack took the rope from him and playfully said "Thank you very much." Then, he looked at Narissa. "You better hold on me tight if you don't want to fall."

Shaking her head briefly, she replied "No, thank you. I can take care of myself." As soon as another sailor attempted to sweep to the Pearl, she stole the rope from him. "See?" She winked at Jack, making him chuckle. Of course she would reject his help.

They landed right next to Elizabeth, who, dressed in that red velvety dress, was firing a gun at Barbossa's crew. Her hair was messy, her dress was far more modest than the ones she usually wore and her face was dirty, but Narissa could see in her eyes that she was actually enjoying this. She was inside the pirate stories she read as a kid, living her dream for some minutes, feeling like a pirate, as she so badly had wanted to for years.

Behind her, a pirate was about to hit her, but Jack held his hand before it could reach her face. "That's not very nice." Looking at the girl's chest, he then asked "Where's the medallion?"

Elizabeth was about to slap him. "Wretch!" But Narissa caught her wrist right when it was an inch away from the pirate's face. Both Jack and Narissa saw on her hand the bandage that covered the slice that Barbossa had made before Will rescued her.

Narissa looked around for a second looking for her friend. "Where's William?!" She asked with concern. Elizabeth looked at a metallic grate on the floor, panicked, and both women ran towards it. A part of the mast had fallen on top of the grate, so Will was trapped under it. The monkey escaped from the grate with the medallion and ran away to his master.

Narissa shouted Will's name in desperation, seeing how the water was entering the ship quickly and it would reach his head in a matter of minutes. He called for the girls, trying to push the grate open, but it was impossible. Not knowing what to do, Narissa even tried to push away the fallen mast, using all of her strength. Of course, it didn't move an inch.

"Don't you dare to die, William!" she shouted. "I'm not letting you die," she muttered to herself. However, she could see the salty water covering her best friend almost completely.

The woman saw Will diving in, while two cursed pirates grabbed her by the waist, as another one held Elizabeth, and tried to pull her away from the grate. She held onto it until the metal carved into the flesh of her hands, causing them to bleed.