24. Narissa Barbossa

"Audentis fortuna iuvat

"Audentis fortuna iuvat."

~●~○~●~

Feeling her shoulders being shaken gently, Narissa woke up. She groaned, not wanting to get up. Her pillow was wet beneath her face because of the muffled sobs from that night. She had barely slept, her mind wouldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen that morning. Eventually, she had cried herself to sleep and managed to rest for almost two hours before she was woken up.

After slowly opening her eyes, she saw Will leaning over her. "Get up. We have about an hour."

After yawning and stretching her limbs, she stayed on the bed for a few minutes before dressing herself. When she left her room, she found Will nicely dressed, with an immaculate white shirt and an elegant brown vest over it; a red cape sat over his shoulders. Narissa couldn't remember the last time she had seen him dressed so elegant.

He grabbed his sword and hanged it from his belt. It wasn't common, him taking his sword when he left the house. Narissa looked questioningly at him. "Why are you taking your sword?"

He thought of an answer for some seconds. "You always take yours when you leave the house. Why do you find it weird?"

"Because you never do it." She walked to the table where she had left her pistol and sword, the one that Will made for her, leaving him thinking.

When she had her weapons, Will blurted "I'm going to save Jack."

It took her by surprise, she dropped her sword. "You can't do that," she said, shaking her head. "I'm not letting you risk being hanged too." She knelt down to take her sword and hanged it from her hip.

"I'm not changing my mind, Narissa." With that being said, Will placed a big brown hat with a white feather on his head and left the house.

She sighed, somehow proud about his decision, but very worried at the same time. Who would have thought that the man who always followed the rules would want to help a pirate escape from the gallows? She decided that, if he was not going to change his mind, she had to help him. They would risk their lives, but it was worthy to free Jack. She left the house some minutes after Will was gone, and walked hurriedly to the fort where the hanging was going to take place.

~●~○~●~

The sound of drums was loud. The place was filled with sailors guarding the fort. Jack Sparrow was standing on the gallows, his hands tied together and the noose hanging above his head. His gaze was lost somewhere, he looked sad.

Narissa looked among the crowd that had gathered around the show; her eyes spotted Will. She walked between the people, pushing the strangers away gently, to stand by her friend's side, very close to the gallows. Noticing her presence, the young man grinned; they looked at each other and a single nod of her head was enough to let him know that she was going to join this. She took a deep breath as she looked at Jack. Will reached out to hold her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He then glanced back and Narissa followed his gaze: Elizabeth, once again dressed in fancy clothes, stood next to her father and the Commodore.