9. The Beginning of an Adventure

Morto per la libertà

~●~○~●~

It was a tough night. When Narissa left Jack in prison, she ran to help the people in Port Royal. Of course, she couldn't do much against a crew of undying pirates, but she succeeded at saving some people that couldn't defend themselves, specially children.

She was worried the whole time that her father's crewmen would recognise her, and she thought she saw some of them looking at her curiously, like wondering if they knew her. Fortunately, she didn't find herself in trouble; it seemed that they were there for other reason.

At some point of the night, she found William. A pirate was approaching him from behind, raising an axe to stab his back. Narissa threw her sword at the pirate and the blade pierced his throat, pushing him backwards. This gave William enough time to realize that he had been in danger and for Narissa to retrieve her sword from the undead pirate's neck before he attacked again. Will and Narissa stayed together the rest of the night, protecting each other, watching each other's backs.

The young man stopped fighting all of a sudden. "Elizabeth!" he exclaimed and Narissa turned to see what he was looking at.

She watched in horror as two pirates carried Elizabeth towards the Black Pearl. She remembered that, earlier that morning, after rescuing her friend, Jack had seen the golden coin hanging from her neck. Of course! That's why Barbossa was there! The gold had called to them and they needed it to break the curse.

Gathering all of his courage, William prepared to run towards the girl and save her. Narissa would have followed him, but both of them were knocked out by a pirate.

The morning after, they both laid on the ground in the middle of the town, between asleep and unconscious. People glanced at them as they passed by, but nobody did anything to help.

Narissa eventually woke up. She opened her eyes, but closed them quickly when the bright sunlight blinded her. Slowly, she opened them again, resting her hand over her eyes as she sat up. She looked at her right side, where William was still laying next to her sword. When her eyes adjusted to the light, she retrieved her sword and knelt down besides her friend. She reached out to Will's shoulder, shaking him slightly. "William! Wake up!" 

Confused, the blacksmith finally awakened. He looked around, trying to remember where he was and what had happened. When the memories flew through his mind, he tensed and immediately sat up, alarmed. Narissa got on her feet and helped William to stand.

"Elizabeth's gone! The pirates took her!" he exclaimed, his voice held a hint of panic. His breath became heavy and agitated and his brows furrowed with concern.

Narissa rested her hands on his shoulders and searched for his worried eyes. "Take a deep breath, William. Panicking is not going to help Lizzie." He did as she said and she felt his shoulders relax slightly. The woman looked at a big clock on a nearby church. It was almost midday. "Commodore Norrington and Governor Swann must be working on something already. Let's see if we can help."