25. Where Everything Began

I took a little journey to the unknown

~●~○~●~

A few days before, Narissa wouldn't have imagined that she'd find herself in this situation. She thought that she had renounced piracy forever. But there she was, in her room, looking into her wardrobe, unsure about what to take with her. She didn't have many clothes, but she couldn't fit all of them in her bag. A big smile was on her face; she was yearning to leave Port Royal and be a pirate again, and to be with Jack and see what their affair would lead to.

There was a knock on the door; Will entered the room after Narissa allowed him. She looked at him and noticed his wide smile and dreamy eyes. She suspected what had put him in such a mood.

"Did you kiss her?" she asked, already presuming what he would answer.

"Yes," he replied with a content sigh and an enamoured smile, still not believing what had happened to him.

"Good. It only took you eight years." She chuckled.

He noticed then her bag and some clothes on the bed. "Where will you go?"

She shoved two shirts and a pair of trousers into her bag. "Tortuga, Jack told me to meet him there." The tavern where we met, he had said; she would never forget that place.

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow." Her smile fell for a second. "I have to be there in five days and the trip takes from three to five."

They were silent for some seconds until the man spoke again. "I'm very happy for you." He gulped, feeling a knot in his throat. "But I'm going to miss you a lot."

After hearing those words, she hugged him tightly. "I'm going to miss you too, William. I'll come to see you and Lizzie if I can, I promise."

Putting some distance between them, Will added "Be careful, please. And write to me when you can."

She nodded, her eyes starting to moisten with tears. "I will."

~●~○~●~

The next morning, after sharing an emotional goodbye with Will, Narissa picked up her bag and some food for the journey and went to the Governor's mansion.

A maiden opened the door and guided her into the living room, where Elizabeth sat with a cup of tea. It was not the first time that she had been at the mansion, but it always felt strange to her. The place was completely oppossite to her own house. It was decorated with fancy white couches and expensive wooden furniture; large windows allowed the sun to light the room. There were no flames in the big fireplace; it was simply a piece of decoration during most of the year, since it had no use in a place with a tropical climate such as Port Royal.