Chapter 6

STASIA

The doors to the ambulance close and I have no idea what just happened. My mind is still on the gun when I saw it pointed at Sophie, all I thought was who was going to look after Keata.
I just jumped in front of her that's the last thing I remember, till those doors are closing and I'm looking into the eyes of that bad boy who I was not supposed to see again.
When the hell did he get to the café, looking at Sophie I ask "why is he here" she looks at me strangely. Then starts to ramble
"what the hell were you thinking, jumping in front of me.... Then you got shot, Omg then you passed out. I thought you were dead, shit Staisa why did you do that?"
OK so she's freaking out, I take a deep breath, oh god my leg hurts. I try to focus on Sophie but I'm seeing black dots all the time, I take another breath then say "Soph are you ok?"

The paramedic guy
tells Soph to move out the way so he can see how much pain I'm in.
I tell him "about a 6 out 10"
Sophie looks at the guy and says,
"In our language, that's a 20 she has a high pain tolerance."

I'm trying to focus again on what's going on but suddenly I'm seeing black... then nothing........

Before I even open my eyes I can hear beeps and whispering ... who's that?

trying to open my eyes I moan and slur at the same time.
"Argh too bright"
Sophie is the first one to me. well I think it's Soph,

"Omg Stasia you scared me, one minute you're talking like nothing's wrong....then a 6 you say a fucken 6, then nothing..... I thought you died, shit Stasia don't you do that again you hear me"
I'm trying to process what the hell she saying when a deep husky voice starts,
"Hey now.... slow down Sophie, she just woke up, give her some time, then you can yell at her"

ohh who is that? I like his voice must be the doc.

Trying to adjust my eyes from blurry too... holy shit what the hell!
"Umm.... why are you here"

Looking around I see another guy I don't know, rubbing my eyes, then squinting them open again, just in case I'm seeing things.
No definitely not seeing things.

"Who are you?"
I say as I'm staring at the other man in the room, looking back to Soph I say,
"Who and why are they here?"

"Honey, they saved us. You ended up getting shot and Drew here looked after you till the ambulance got to you, you passed out twice, once at the café and then in the ambulance, as soon as we arrived at the hospital, they rushed you in.
They had to take the bullet out because it was still in your leg, they also think you might have had a concussion from earlier today which I told you to go and get checked out."

Holding my hand up, cause I just can't keep up with all this at the moment.
"Soph, stop, too much."
Looking at the guys I realise I need to say something to them, maybe then everyone will go home.

"thank you for.... Just thank you" I start to close my eyes, not because I'm still tired, well I am but not sleepy tired, I just need to rest them. Listening to everyone in the room, they think I've gone to sleep and I hear Sophie say,

"I've got to get going but I'll be back in the morning after I drop my daughter off"

One of the guys starts to talk, I'm pretty sure
it's Drew!
"I'll stay, you said she has no one so I'll stay here. Got nothing else to do until tomorrow anyway, Bullet tell Prez what's up, he will understand"