Chapter 38

STASIA

"Why did they think this was a good idea!"
Savie and I have been in this back shed right down the back with a van, ready for when the other girls come. Which won't be till closer to us leaving 6:30... I think, tonight or something like that.

Savie and I have been playing cards, she taught me this game called Last card, when I was younger,  so we're making it interesting betting stuff like food on the way setting up the men and other things when we get to Melbourne! That is how long we've been here! Savie looks at me shaking her head,
  "well honey,  it's a better plan than leaving and getting killed!" Eyeing me like I'm a teenager, searching for me to understand,  which I do I'm just bored.
"I know,  I know, what else can we do I'm over cards and I owe you too much in bets like dishes and I need to find a way out of that karaoke thing,  you sprung that on me!" She'd come up in one of the wins that I'd have to sing at a karaoke bar,  then I did a double or nothing and guess what it's 2 bloody songs now..... I need a new game, one I can win... I suggested I spy, but Savie just laughed at me telling me "girl we are not playing that!!! you always cheated when you were younger." Well, I was still going to cheat!!
Putting on some music on low, so we don't bring attention to where we are, we just sit listening to soft music for a bit!

What seems like forever, we hear some men talking and I'm hoping they're supposed to be here. Savie just tells me to be quiet and not move....then we hear Cobra's voice "Over here Cory, put all that stuff in the back!" He puts two more bags in the back,  they must be Miras and Izzy's stuff.  I look at Cobra with a look of,  come on we going yet, he smiles then says
" little bird an hour and a half and we're out of here ok" still smiling at me he bends down kissing the top of my head,  then he points to Cory "they're staying now,  so get organised so when we ring  you guys,  you just leave.  Stasia this is Felix" he nods at me no shaking hands or anything so I just smile " nice to meet you !" And Savie says the same then she says " great new people let's get the van done,  then play last card" I hear Cobra grunt "darling you better play nice!" Then he whispers in her ear and she slaps his shoulder saying " course I wouldn't bet for that, that's only for you!" She kisses him then looks at me,  come on the quicker this is organized the quicker we can scam these boys!

We're playing and I have one more card left and I'm praying that they don't change suit I have last card and its hearts, but Savie looks like she knows... I'm starting to think she counts cards, just as I'm about to have my shot Cory 's phone rings he takes it, then nods while saying "yeah we're  on our way!" He just grabs the card passes them to Felix and telling us girls to get settled "what about....." just as I start to say something the girls walk in on their own, with  Mira in the lead. They jump in the back with us and she tells Cory " we're picking up Sophie and Keata from the  café down the road Bullet and Krip are both  with them!" With that, we are out and on our way in the darkness of the night!

After 6 and a half hours of driving, we pull up to Nana Sally' s house!
We only stopped once and us girls only got one wee break,  so I was tired and hungry and I was missing Drew.  We hadn't talked at all through the trip,  every time we stopped he didn't, but when he stopped we kept going, then he'd catch up hence why I just wanted him!
He must have felt the same way cause he opened the door " Cory you're sleeping first then you're on look out and Felix is driving tomorrow. We are leaving here at 7:30 so if you're tired get the rest you need now, find a room in side. Dad has already opened up! Let's move!" he just drags me out the van being careful at the same time.  As we enter the house,  my mind slows and all my memories come flooding back... Nana Sally, all our fun, arguments, and tears! And the day she said you need to go now with all the strength like it was all going to be ok. I stumbled and Drew look back at me....and the realization hit him that I was remembering. "Beauty.... Shit, I didn't even think this would bother you...." he held me saying "you want to go somewhere else?.... we can just say the word Beauty!"
Shaking my head "no I'm good... just memories.... They're just everywhere I look, I'm good just a little overwhelmed...I wasn't expecting to feel so much!"
He nods then asks "you hungry or tired?"
"Tired I need sleep." With that we are on our way to a room and not the one I was expecting, it the one I never went near. Cause it was his and I always felt like he was none of my business! As soon as we got to the attic we climb up.  What I thought would be a small room, was the whole of the roof made into a room, which still looked kept, like someone had stayed here not long ago. Drew must of read my mind cause he answers my thoughts "Dad comes here a lot with Savie and with the club on runs,  so he keeps it good and this has always been  my room,  didn't you snoop when you were here." Shaking my head " no not after what I went through,  not even now it's just not for me and back then I was so scared of your dad" he laughs " dad would not have cared... you could of!  Anyway, I have a shower up here and toilet so we only have to go down for food, so go clean up, I've got to talk with the guys to figure out the next part of the trip." I started to walk to the shower when Drew says "one more thing Beauty?" I turn to him and he was on my heels he bends down and crushes his mouth to mine using his mouth to sooth  my uneasiness,  which works when he pulls back he winks and says, "have a shower and get some rest I'll be back soon!" He pecks me on the lips one last time then leaves the room!