Chapter 35

DREW

The next morning I'm up early, mostly everything is packed, the prospects did it all last night.

  But there are other things, like seeing if PC got any info last night. 

As I walk into the kitchen, Nova's there with Izzy organising breakfast, "you talk to PC brother?" He nods " yeah follow me you're not gonna like what we found out!"

I grab my coffee and follow him to the Tech room,  as we get in, PC looks up and gives a chin lift then starts talking.

"Found out that Kim and Veronica live together, been friends for years before the club. Now what's interesting is the home phone has had  calls to a private number.... and  that's since all this shit been happening and more frequently now!"
Fuck!!

"That's not a coincidence... shit you tell Prez yet?" Shaking his head "not yet got a meeting with him in 10, but if Veronica got any word about the move they will know, I'm thinking maybe a decoy which I'm working on now, so who's the other mole, cause I'm thinking it ain't just the girls!"
Mm he's right I nod

"Yeah, I'm thinking the same PC, thanks for looking into this. I'll join you in the meeting. I'll just get Dad yeah!"

They both nod then I'm out the door walking towards Dads room.

Knocking on his door, Savie opens it up with Dad's T-shirt on and she blushes. She points at the shower "He's in the shower, you want to wait  in here ?" Shaking my head "Nah,  all good, just tell him I'm waiting in the kitchen and it's important yeah!" She nods "will do."
Heading back down to the kitchen,  a feeling hits me. I'm happy for Dad, but that's  the first time I've seen him with someone else. 
I've known over the years but I never saw it, he never allowed me to see that side of him even as an adult if I was there..... no girls or women were there ever! I've seen the others be stupid even guys cheating on their partners but that's not on me and not something I believe in!

Sitting at the bar Izzy gives me some toast and asks if she can go back to my room to see Stasia,  I tell her "go on back, I don't think she's awake,  but just tell her I'm in another meeting with Prez and will be back soon!"

She jumps excitingly "Yes I will thanks Drew" then runs down the hallway towards my room.

Waiting for Dad  I'm deep in thought. I'm glad he did that to me,  it showed me that Mum was something to him which kept that alive for me.. deep in thought I feel a slap on my back, I jump then realise it's Dad

"Hey sorry was day dreaming"

"Son I'm sorry you saw that, I've wanted to tell you for a while, but I suppose  now is as good a time as any... I never stopped loving your mother even to this day,  she was a special lady... you know that right.." I nod knowing he needs to say this to me "Good yeah well Savie and I have been dancing around each other for a while now and I've finally caught her so I'm hoping when I put my patch on her you'll be ok with that?"

"Dad I couldn't be happier for you... and mum passed years ago....she's not the first person you've been with... since mum  passed... well I wouldn't know, cause you never, not once put me through that crap,  so as far as a blessing goes......be happy, I am!"

He just smiles and pats my back, then brings me in for a hug, I hug him then pull back " soo she's not the only one  hey dad,  over the years?" He starts to laugh shaking his and I'm waiting for his answer like a  kid waiting for lollies. 
"Son..... it's not up for discussion!" I'm stumped I thought he was going to tell me he's still laughing!
I change the subject now, cause I know my father won't tell me after he said he won't.

"Anyways, meeting in Prez's office... there's been some updates,  we have a bit of a lead"

"Come on then let's go see what's going on. So you're good with Savie?"

" Dad she's awesome,? and my girl loves her like a mother,  so I'm more than good.... But are you ok with me and Stasia,  I know she's your Little bird but ......she's mine dad...... I love her!"

"I know son... trust me we all do,  treat her like gold....she deserves it!" I just nod back at him, I get it and he's right, she needs only love and patience.

Dad opens the office door first and we both walk in, seeing that everyone is here but PC.

Nova fills Prez in about Veronica and Kim  and then Tells him.
"PC thinks we should do a decoy, set them up so they think they're gone.  We're not sure what they know and who else is involved." As he finishes talking PC walks in with a big smile on his face he looks at everyone then takes a seat. "
I've made a decoy Prez,  but only the people in this room can know cause I think I know who the mole is, but we will know very soon... so the decoy will be,  put everyone in the van as if leaving.... well you guys will go into the shed with the girls, put them in another van but leave them there . Then the other van I've set up will head in the opposite direction to Melbourne. You guys are going through Albany,  we're the other van will head  to Kalgoorlie way,  they'll probably turn back eventually. But I've made sure the hole club know you guys are going through Kalgoorlie and you boys are all in the van!" Prez nods then asks " so who you think this mole in my club is PC?" PC just taps   his nose like it's obvious then nods at the door I reckon he'll be trying to listen,  if not he'll be around the bar seeing who knows what,  but my guess is Spud, I've been watching him and I also know he's been Veronica's main screw lately!"

Well fuck me!! Fucken Spud!

Prez looks at everyone "leave him for now.... any proof PC!" I can see Prez is pissed but he will hold his cool for now.

"Nah, not hard proof  yet, but I'll get it soon,  I set something up that will lead only to him,  if it's him!"

Prez nods " right then let's play this PC's  way, but be careful there are more in on this than just that lot, and I'm hoping Spuds the only one from this club!"

So am I,  I can handle Spud doing this. Disappointed that it's him..... But  brotherhood is the wrong thing to cross... The club will not give him mercy! But he should know this! 

Prez gives us some last minute orders,  like we are now leaving later tonight so the first van is well on its way.... and  if there's any one watching the club  they will see nobody else leave! We all agree,  the girls will hate being in the shed all day, but they'll get it! I hope,  Shit! What a long day it's gonna be!