Chapter 32

DREW

I can't believe the last 2 hours! I'm sitting in the Bunbury hospital waiting for any sort of announcement,  to tell me how and if she's ok!

When we arrived at the house all I saw was Trigger saying ambos are on their way and she's in bad shape!

Once I got close to her there was blood everywhere, she was pale, and not responding. Trigger gave me a rundown of what happened and I ended up punching him, then Nova and Krip pinned me down.

My mind keeps wondering, how the fuck did she get a gun, How'd she get to her car,  when everyone knew the girls were on high priority. She was supposed to be monitored... And her car... shit, and now my fucken gun.... how the fuck....!

I know the last ones on me, but shit the rest pisses me off....  and the not knowing.... Just as I'm about to sit again Sophie comes running in with Bullet  behind her,  I'm shocked as shit  he hasn't tried her somewhere yet,  cause that's what I'm doing with Stasia,  stuff if she thinks she's just running again.. "Fuck"

Nova just looks at me with a nod "you cool man!"

Am I cool!! No fucken way! shit...

All of a sudden Sophie just runs at me and we collide and she holds on tight, she crying but I don't want her touch.  The last person I was touching was  Stasia and I want to keep it that way,  Bullet reads my mind or something,  cause he tells her something and she says sorry then buries her head into Bullet.

I go to walk off when the doc comes through the doors, "Stasia Jones's   family?" I turn and walk to him " I'm her fiancé  how is she?" The doc shakes his head then looks me in the eye, "The bullet nipped the artery of her leg,  it was touch and go for a bit. She had lost a lot of  blood so we've given her a transfusion, but  we are expecting her to recover,  but it will be slow!"

"Shit will she wake up soon" doc nods

" there was no head injury so she's out of the woods for now. But that leg needs to stay elevated for the next couple of days. Any pressure or weight on it will cause the artery to rupture,  so she will be here for 3 days and not allowed to stand for at least 32 hours. She has a catheter in so no need for her to move and the nurses will help her bath. They're just moving her to her room, so you can follow me, she has been awake and asking for you but she's not very coherent yet!"

I nod and follow him as he starts to walk off,  Nova's behind me so is Sophie and Bullet as we're walking I tell Bullet to update Dad,  he should be in Perth by now!

As I enter the room she is looking at me with tears in her eyes,  I shake my head, I'm mad as shit but she needs me.... so I reign it in,  but we are going to have words.... fuck!

I walk to her hold her face in my hands and stare in her eyes "you scared the shit out of me!"

Then I whisper in her ear " don't run ... Ever again baby I lost my mind,  shit...  never again!" She grabs me and starts to cry into my shoulder.  She keeps repeating "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I thought it was the only way!"

"It's not! Now it's time to trust me Beauty, you listening?"

Nodding her head she says "yeah but Keata,  Drew they can't touch her"