Chapter 50

Stasia

I wake up to voices around me, but my vision is still bad, dark and really blurry. I moan a bit when I feel someone touch my forehead. I pull away... well I try too, but it hurts like a bitch. Then I think I hear drew.... it can't be. I think I get out a whisper saying "Felix" but I can't be sure yet, if I say it or if it's just in my head, but then I hear Drew again "Beauty I got you shhh, you hurt anywhere... talk to me, babe." Then I hear another voice say, "hospital it is, we will get to the one closest to Melbourne, that way where far away from these guys and we shouldn't have any trouble." I choke out "I'm s-sore, my h-head hurts b-bad...... I c- can't see." Drew kiss me gently and reassures me we are going to the hospital. I nod and close my eyes again letting sleep take me. I hear Drew in my dreams saying he loves me and he won't live without me, but I keep fading in and out but I'm sure it's me dreaming, it may not be Drew, my mind might be playing tricks on me.

I wake and everything is dark, but I feel better. The pain is better now just a dull throb, I think I'm in a bed, it smells clean and firm, not like where I was before. I try to move my hands, but I think someone is holding one of them, Just as I'm about to pull it out of their grasp, I hear Drew's voice, "Beauty it's me, just rest, you're safe now," I look down to our hands and try to smile "y-you saved me...... w-where are we?"

" A hospital, your head was badly damaged, I didn't notice it till we got you in the van and away, you came too for a bit and said you were in pain. Your face is swollen. But the back of your head had a deep gash on it, you must have split it open when they did this to your face. How are you feeling now beauty?" I don't even think I register half the stuff Drew just said, I was mesmerized by his hand and fingers gently rubbing me and when his hand came to my cheek and gently caress's downwards with his index finger it just made everything right, so when I reply "MMM." he chuckles

"Beauty, how you feeling babe you want the nurse for some meds?" OH, he asked me something, shit.... "no, I feel good, still a bit sore but the main pain is gone. And my vision is better still a bit blurry but heaps better."

After some silence, I ask what I need to know "Drew did you get everyone out? We were all split up, I saw Mira and Izzy for a bit, but no one else."

He doesn't answer me straight away but tells me "you ok if I get in bed with you... I need to hold you, babe." I move for my answer and Drew gets in and pulls me close to him. I have my good cheek on his chest, while he ever so gently touches me near my wounds, then he starts to talk "Beauty, we didn't get everybody, but we are making plans as we speak, to get them back. And we will! You need to trust us on this." I know who he's talking about before I even ask why, but I ask anyway "who?" Drew stays quiet for a long time, that I think he's not going to answer me. Tears start to fall down my face, cause the thought of not seeing my girl and doing the things we love to do together is killing me, she can't defend herself, I know her mother will die to protect her, but at what price. Before I know it, I'm sobbing and Drew knows who I'm thinking about "Yeah babe, it's Sophie and Keata...... but we have a lead and Bullet is on a warpath that no one can stop, not even Prez...... we will get them back, I promise you." I bury myself into Drew I'm sobbing uncontrollably I can't get out any words, even if I tried. After a while I think I must have drained myself of all the energy I had, because I fall asleep, only to relive the new nightmares in my mind.

I wake in a cold sweat. I'm seeing a vision of things that happened to me as a child, but with Keata's face, not mine... I can't believe we know nothing. I feel movement next to me, Drew is still next to me. He rubs my back, "you ok Beauty,?"

"Yeah, just a nightmare... I'm scared for Keata, god I hope they don't hurt her.... Drew we need to find them!"

"Beauty we are already on it, Bullet got a call before we found you about the phone calls she was getting. We are starting to think they are behind her going missing. Did you ever meet a Jason Simpson, he's the guy that's been texting and talking to her?"