Chapter 42

STASIA

Well after the first hour everyone was on edge in the van.
Sophie even pulled out a movie on Keata's portable DVD which helped a bit.
Izzy's been quiet like she's stuck in her own head and I can't handle the non-talking anymore,
"Mira, you gonna spill about the other night.!"
She looks up at me then put her head back near Keata's, saying "not yet, I need to get my own head right first,  but I'll tell you in time...."
"You promise, I worry about you at the moment."
"Stasia. I promise.... What about you Sophie ?"
I look at Sophie, she's not going to say anything I know.
"I'm fine, just worried about everything, and Stasia you're worried about us, what about you.... what we're going through is nothing compared to you.... Far out girl, between losing your house and moving in with me!"
"Hey! That worked out great when my stubborn ass gave in!"
"Yeah, Stasia it worked out great, we love having you, and the gunshot at work, then the stabbing... should I go on?"
"Jesus, the way you put it's like I'm a magnet for this!"
Savie starts to giggle, like out of control. I look at her like she's lost her mind " s-Stasia gee girl...she knocked it on the head!" And more giggling " since the day I met you, you have been in trouble.... Even at Sally's house, she would ring Cobra tell him the shit you'd do, like  falling, tripping, girl you're Murphy's law, if it can go wrong, it most likely will!" She's calmed her giggles now.
My face goes red "well when you put it like that Savie!"
"Honey,  it's not bad. but we gotta work on trying to balance you out a bit....that's when your girls come in. We watch out for you and hopefully..." she leans into me now "and it's hopefully, we have you! And that goes for all you girls,  in this life... you need your girls so don't lock them out!" Mira says " new I should have grabbed more alcohol... great toast Savie!... I've a confession though!" We all look at her intently cause we're all waiting for her to tell us stuff from the last couple of weeks.
"I've been on my own for years and had to fight dad and his brothers all my life, actually they've been great but not having any girls around was hard. But finding you guys and really feeling that you guys have my back is awesome! Stasia I'm glad Drew ran your ass over cause if he didn't I wouldn't have you girls...."
And Sophie decides to yell " yes that's another thing, you got ran over!!" We all look at each other then burst out laughing yeah I'm a clutz, but I have found my people.
"you guys are my family,  growing up like I did then finding Nana Sally,  which helped me see what family is.... and now I have it!" We just all take in the silence. After our little sister moment, some of us go to sleep and some just watch the Dvd and listen to music.

Piling out of the van we head inside again I'm starving, I think everyone is.
All the guys aren't here yet for some reason,  I can't see Drew anywhere but Nova comes over "he's only 20 mins out,  go eat,  he'll be here before you know it!" I smile at him. " thanks, Nova you want me to get you something?"
"Nah, hey listen how's Izzy been, she ok!"
"She's good, quiet but good I think she just likes being with us girls but she slept in the van and no nightmares yet. so..... that's something..... Nova just so you know I've got her, we talked the other day and she seems to be in a better place, her roads still bumpy, but  it should have some flat spots coming up!" I wink at him as I head to the café inside the servo.
After I get my food I look for Sophie,  I can't see her anywhere so I tell Mira " watch my food I'll be back in a minute."
"Sure!" She shoves her burger in her mouth and does one of those full mouth smiles, I laugh telling her "you're so gross!" She laughs and shooed me to go.
I head to the toilets.
I go in quietly, still on edge from the week, then I hear Sophie on the phone. "Stay away Jay.......I'm not scared of you........ she doesn't know you ..... no I'm not...... leave us alone......"  she hangs up and starts to cry I come up behind her and just hug her she jumps at first but turns in my arms but hugs me back! " whats going on Soph?"
She sniffs a few times then says, "he wants us back reckons he's had his fun now and it's  time to settle... like I was waiting for him.
I'm not going back there Stasia and if I have to find a place where he can't find me I will!"
" hey your not on your own I'm here and Bullet won't let you go without a fight, so don't think about him ok!" She nods then says " I'm not going back there Keata will hate it and I just can't Stasia!" I nod thinking is this going to be a threat to us then she says " don't say anything.... Promise me... this is my problem Stasia, no one else's!" She staring at me waiting for my answer, so I agree
"only if he's not dangerous.... and Keata or you can't get hurt!" She nods saying  "deal."
"Ok, now wash up. Your eyes are red, then we will go eat, Savie has Keata so she already eating ok!" Hugging her once more I leave the toilets,  going out to get my eat on and hoping I made the right choice!