Chapter 36

STASIA

Laying in bed I feel sore, bruised and battered. I need to stop getting in trouble. Far out my side hurts today but my leg does feel better. I go to get up and someone knocks at the door as I'm trying to get up the door opens and Izzy's head peers in, "you awake?"
"Yeah, Come in, I don't want to get up yet though, I just want to laze around for a bit. What's up, you ok?"
"Omg you are the one all battered now...and you're asking me..... I'm fine, I just wanted to make sure you're ok. I've been worried sick and when Nova told me he had to go find you, I didn't realise you took off, I thought you were taken? Why would you do that!"
She's lookin at me with a guilty look on her face for even asking me.
"Izzy all I was thinking was that if I didn't get away, they would take you guys. I'm not sure what the boys have told you but my father is an evil man, so are his friends and I couldn't let you or any of the girls go through what I've been through I needed to stop them.... But I didn't think it through, I didn't even think Drew would try and find me!"
"What ... Why not, are you kidding, that man loves you like crazy, he was like some crazed Terminator.... just went straight to his bike and gave out orders so he didn't backtrack... I don't think he even thought about anything either. You were his first priority!"
Shit was I wrong, I know Drew told me this, but... to hear from someone else makes it more real... damn!
"Well I'm not going anywhere now, he made some things clear while I was in the  hospital,  things like being handcuffed to the bed, if I pull a stunt like this again...so I'm thinking... let's not!"

"Good cause I don't want you to leave, I would miss you... and I sort of need someone who gets me, and you do I think it's because of our.... Well, you know!" She says this with her head down and picks at the material on her tracksuit pants. I think something is bothering her but she doesn't want to disturb me!

"You still having nightmares? Are they getting worse.... Or..."

"Stasia, I'm ok... you've been through enough. I'll be fine..!"
And now I know we need to talk.

"You know it will help me as well if we talk... my dreams have been back... and there scarier than before. I think the knife accident brought them back.... and now I have people who I care about that could get hurt, so I'm scared now,  more than I've ever been!"

"I know what you mean before I was taken no one cared about me anyway, but when I was found ... Nova and Cory.... I'm...." she started to cry... she's trying to say more but can't get it out so I tell her "oh honey come here..." she comes to me and I embrace her in my arms tightly at first,  then we both just sit there in each other's arms. When she can talk she says "I keep seeing them come for me.... then hurting everyone here.... And then the guys hating me, for bringing it to their door..!"

"Oh honey that's not going to happen, Nova thinks of you as his daughter, even though I know it's not been long, but he won't ever let anything happen to you.... As for the club, they all feel the same way and Mira and me ... Well... we'd kick some biker butt, well I'd let Mira path the way, she's hell tougher than me! But hey, we'd do some damage!" We are both laughing now, I guess we both know I can't kick butt!
"Please don't leave me again..... I need you... and this...." She squeezes me and I know what she means because it's what I craved and didn't get it till Savie and Nana Sally.
We just sit there for the next half an hour or so with her in my arms, listening to music and me giving her songs that helped me when my brain wouldn't shut off!

I wake to the door closing and in walks Drew. He looks at us both "everything ok?" I nod as Izzy starts to get up she gets off the bed then looks embarrassed.
"We were just listening to music, but I think we fell asleep listening to it" Izzy smiles at me and nods " I'll leave you both to it, I've got to go and see Cory, he wants to do some shooting practice today!"
"Have fun! I loved shooting with Krip, we should have a shoot off when you're more confident!" I say with a wink.
"Oh, you're on.. I'll ask Cory if we can. That will be great!" She has the biggest smile on her face now and I can see how pretty she is... I hope that smile stays there till she sees Nova. I think it would make his day knowing she is starting to smile like that!
As I think that she's out the door skipping down the hallway.

"You think that's a wise idea Beauty, I think the boys are going to kill me, putting ideas like that in her head!" He's shaking his head chuckling. I can't see the problem!
"Drew you want us to use a gun and not be scared.... Let us have a bit of fun and the scary factor will come down trust me...Krip did it  with me all the time!"
"Beauty.... I don't know,  but we're leaving today so don't make promises you can't keep..... How's Izzy doing, Nova's been worried lately, she's not sleeping!"
"Yeah she's had a lot on her mind lately and me running off didn't help.... I didn't think anyone would miss me... she opened my eyes though, gave me a few home truths!" And for the first time I saw Izzy's true age, she has always seemed so much older till today! Gives me more reason to make sure I keep this promise!
"Drew..... were coming home,  aren't we? I need to be here for Izzy... she's got a long way to go to heal. I know I can help her!"
"Babe,  whatever you want, cause I'm staying wherever you are Beauty!" He says this coming over and taking me in his arms. He then leans in and starts to kiss my lips, really gentle and slow... I blush. He pulls back searching my eyes for an answer, then he adds "I'm with you forever now beauty...  so where you go,  I go. You got that..." I nod feeling warmth slip into my heart,  he has done it again,  Unchained more of my past and made it better.... God, he better not leave me!
We stay like that for a bit before he pulls away, "have you had coffee or breakfast yet?."
"No I was just getting up when Izzy came, but I'll get organised now.."
"No you take your time and I'll go get something for you to eat.... Go have a shower and I should be back when you're finished!"
"Ok but don't be long I want to get out and see Soph and Keata." He smiles walking out the door like he's hiding something..... god he's so sexy with that smile.... I take my time getting up, it is definitely better today than yesterday thank god. I try to hurry so I can get to see Soph and Keata before we start to leave! I love spending time with Savie but not spending time with Keata will be hard....really hard and now Izzy as well, I hope all this ends really soon!