Chapter 5

Drew

Getting on my bike I keep thinking what the fuck just happened; how the fuck did I not see her. walking across the road, looking through
the cafe window, I watch her wipe the bench.

I'm thinking...... And that's just the problem, I never think about girls. They are there for fun, nothing else and here I am still thinking how I'm going to see her
again. I have no idea why I shouldn't care!! She better ring me tomorrow.

Shaking my head I start my bike and head out to my clubhouse. Can't wait to hear the shit the boys are going to give me when I tell them what I've done..... Not.

Pulling up at the clubhouse I see a few of the guys standing around the garage. The garage is one of the businesses our club owns. I work most of the time here and the rest on runs when it's my turn.

All us boys take turns on the runs. Some of the guys have a family (wife, kids or old ladies) so we all have a turn, which makes it easy for everyone.

Getting off my bike taking off my helmet I start walking over to see what's on the agenda today.

"Drew u got 3 bikes on your lineup today easy stuff just tune-ups" awesome easy day today.

"Cool thanks, Prez I'll get on it " start to make a move to get started when he stops me in my stride "How come you're late ,you're never this late.
" I look at my watch to see how late I am, shit 45 minutes fuck "um sorry about that I got held up " hoping he doesn't ask I start to walk,
"So you going to tell us why you're late "
shit, here we go.
"I sort of hit someone at the lights on the main road." and here it comes.
I see him looking at my bike checking it out, " there's no dent on your bike, was
the other car ok"

"Well it was sort of a person.... so yeah she's fine, I'm checkin in with her tomorrow to make sure she is, she only had a slight limp when she made got to work."

Bullet and Knight start Laughing and I start grinding my teeth, I know what they're thinking!

" Yeah yeah just shut it I feel bad as it is ." Prez starts looking real serious and I'm not sure why,
"Why didn't you take her to get checked out if she's limping, it's only going to get worse by the end of the day. "
shit, he's right.

"I was thinking of getting these bikes done then going back to check in on her, so I'll just get started," Walking off I look back at the guys, Prez looks concerned but Bullet and Knight look smug, wonder
what the fuck they're thinking.

One bike down two to go still can get that girl out of my mind, miss hit the dirt... mmm...I wonder how she's pulling up, she must be getting worse, I hit her pretty hard.
Looking at the clock I'm thinking I want
to get back before she knocks off, so I start back to the job at hand, the faster I get this done the fast I get back to her.

Finishing up on the last bike I call Bullet over,
"hey man you good to go, we can grab a beer after I check on this chick"
he walks over wiping his hands on a rag looking real hard at me,
"What makes you think I want to get in the middle of whatever it is, you got yourself into this morning." Smartass....

"Man, don't act like you're not interested in coming, so you can get the dirt. I know you guys have been talkin about it all morning. Now shut it, pack up and let's go "
Locking up my toolbox I change my top with
the spare I had in my saddle bag, jumping on my bike, I sit and rev it a bit, while I wait for Bullet to pull up next to me.
I give him a chin lift and off we go, let's see if the miss hit the dirt is still on her feet. But something tells me she doesn't stay on her feet for long.