Chapter 49

Drew

As they pull up and turn their bikes off, Dad looks around at everyone. No one is holding him or forcing him to be there. Same as Krip. Frazer looks to them but doesn't seem fazed.. he looks right at me and smiles then at prez, "you didn't know did you, that the man you trust and look up to, works for us, did you?"
I don't say anything, neither does Prez I have one thing on my mind and it's to get the girls out. I quietly tell my guys to get ready to make a move, I see bullet is talking to his guys too... looks like we are on the same page. 
Prez looks at me and gives a slight nod with a warning look,  telling me to be ready to move and not before .. Bullet gets it too. Then Prez starts to negotiate, "So, you have one of my prez's and his VP, I have his crew, what is it you want? And what is so damn important with the girls, that you have to do this!"
"Unlike you, I know where my men stand and as for the girls,  their destiny was always this.  Your VP just made it delay a bit.. but all is well now,  won't be long and you will meet her owner.  He bought her years ago.... But don't worry Drew she will be kept alive, now why don't you guys move back, so we can do our job!"
Over my dead body. As I think this Prez glares at me, probably knowing what I want to do, that mother fucker needs to die. I chant that over and over in my head for a bit,  then direct my mind to what's going on around me, watching everybody's body language which is heightening as we wait.

After a lot of back and forth I get impatient,  so do the rest of us.  When Bullet says, "not asking again Frazer, get the girls or we are going to war right fucken now!" Frazer turns to talk to Bullet, as he does Prez nods at me and I make my move, just as I get to some cover, guns start going off again. 
My crew gives Prez and Bullet's  crew cover,  then we try to work our way to the containers.
It takes a while before I see an opening to make another move.
With a Determination to do or die,   I  head to the first container.  As I get close enough,  I squat down looking to see if anyone is watching me,  no one yet that I can see.
I pull the door open and there's no one here. But some one was, I can tell,  I think it might have been Keata cause there's a toy on the floor, I go to pick it up and look at it, then go looking for other evidence that Sophie was here... but I come up with nothing!
Just as I'm about to head out and go to the next one, someone shoots at me, and it misses.
I duck down and find some cover,  there's not much in this container but a chair and a table.
I hide behind the table and through the chair as a bit of a distraction, it hits its target and I stand to see it's one of Haides crew,  so I don't think,  I shoot to kill, then the guy behind him comes through and I don't waste any time,  I shoot again with the same result. Not  thinking about what just happened, I make my way to the next container and see a shadow coming around the corner,  just as I'm about to shoot,  Nova is there,  "all clear brother let's go!" We head together to the next container.

As we make our way in, I can smell smoke,  but I'm not sure where it's coming from. 
As I get closer,  I can see smoke nearly all around us. I look at Nova, "we need to move, do you know where the smoke is coming from?" He shakes his head no and keeps moving.

As we get to the container and open the door,  I see it's Savie,  she's unconscious and not moving.  I rush to her, when I get near,  I skid to my knees and feel for a pulse. It's there so I untie her and Nova picks her up saying,  " I'll get her to van one and get them out of here.  You keep going,  I'll catch up or send someone to help.. yeah!" I nod as we head to the entrance of the container again.

Keeping out of sight,  I make it to the next container, without too much risk.
As I get to the door I can hear someone in there I listen a bit longer and there's more than one person in there, there's a few, maybe 3-4.
I need to get in there before they notice I'm close. I feel someone come up behind me,  I turn,  on full alert but it's Knight,  "just wait 2 minutes brother Bullet and Nova won't be long, what we looking at." He says this  so quietly that I nearly missed it,  I point into the container and say,  "we need to get in there,  get cover and then take control and get who ever is in there out!" Knight nods then he points a finger over to where the boys are coming in. He relays what I told him while I start to make my way inside.

I still can't make out who their holding yet, but when Nova gets in position, I give the signal to start taking them out. One of the guys is hiding behind whoever they're holding there.  Just as I think we're making ground the smoke starts coming in the container and it's feeling hotter in here.
I think the container is on fire. We need to step this up faster.

As I get closer I get a look who's there. It's Mira and Krip is with her,  he's the last one left of the group I watch from where I am as he's about to pick her up.  He whispers something in her ear and kisses her on the temple... it's one that means more than he's been saying she means to him, the emotion on his face is raw, but as he sees me it's gone. 
As he gets near me I point my gun at him, "pass her over now!" He starts to  give her to me and I see Knight,  Nova, and Bullet standing behind me,  just before he lets go, he says so softly,"keep her safe Drew, and don't let her come after me,  only  you guys will know,  I'm still Angels of  Fury...., yeah!"  Jesus, he's not coming back yet, I nod  "will do! Stay safe brother." I say as quietly as I can,  still pointing my gun at him.  He then looks at  Bullet,  "make it a surface wound brother!" Bullet nods then shoot's without thinking about it and walks out after me. As I exit the door,  I look back and see Bullet just skimmed his arm,  he looks like he could kill someone right now,  and I'm not entirely sure whether it's his arm or that we took Mira from him.

Mira is out for the count,  it takes me a bit to get in the clear,  then Knight takes her from me and takes her to the next van, to safety.

I see the guys are still in a gunfight and the containers are on fire,  mainly on the outside though.  There's  still two more  to check but I don't know if it's going to be Sophie and Keata, Izzy or Stasia. Bullet's  already at the container,  and I'm still moving in and out of the war zone. He's almost ready to push through the container door when I get to him with Nova and Knight right behind me.
Once we get in, Nova sighs in relief because it's Izzy. She's out of it, but still breathing . He makes quick work of grabbing her, "go to the last container, I'm going with her." And he heads out, Knight follows him,  being his cover, Bullet and I  head to the last container,  which has flames everywhere. The door is already open, as   we rush in to see Felix picking up a unconscious Stasia,  he smiles at us and I nod to tell him we'll help him get her out. 
I just need her in my arms though,  so I rush to him,  when  I'm nearly there he points a gun at me, which makes me  skid to a stop, "what the fuck!" He's still smiling at me,  "ohh,  you didn't get the memo, well let's see now ... Stasia is my family and she has a place where myself and my father need her to be." If I wasn't speechless before,  I am now.  I'm just staring at him. And if he's the reason the girls were caught, where the fuck is Cory?
Bullet yells from just behind me , still pointing his gun at Felix, "either you put her down,  or pass her to Drew... because if you don't do as I ask, I'll kill you where you stand boy!"
He starts to laugh,  proving he is just like his father,  but Bullet just  shoots  him in the shoulder that's not covered by Stasia. As the bullet hits him,  he drops Stasia and she hits the dirt hard,  she must be completely out of it.  I run to her and pick her up.
As I get her in my arms,  I feel pain rip through my arm and I run for the door.  I hear more guns going off but I have one thing on my mind and it's get Stasia to the van. Looking behind me,  I see Bullet's there covering me.  Once at the van he says , "the other two aren't there....   Fuck,  I hope Trigger has something for us!" We both jump in the van and take off.
Looking behind me , I see the fire has gone wild in the distance,  I can hear sirens coming.
Looking  at Bullet,  he  looks defeated,  I say, "where are  we going now?" He says,  "Melbourne charter,  but if the girls are bad,  we hit the first  hospital we see!" He's staring out the window,  looking at nothing, just his dead eyes staring back at him through the reflection of the window. I might have my girl back... but nothing is going to be ok till we get Sophie and Keata back!