Chapter 30

Drew

Stasia is going to leave! I know she is, I see it in her eyes. I've had her on 24-hour watch,  if I'm not with her, Krip is or dad. They both feel it coming too. She thinks she can solve everything if she just runs, or goes straight to the lion's den! Which will only make things worse?

We've been in meeting after meetings trying to figure out what to do. Dad has a plan but Prez isn't convinced that it will work. He thinks by using our plan that we're moving the problems elsewhere. But dad and I think he won't be ready for the move. So when we take off back to Melbourne he won't be ready and we will be able to find him ! cause when we do, he's going to die. I swear on my Nana's grave, him and Frankie are dead men walking!

We're in another meeting right now and Prez is talking it out with dad, looks like Savie is coming down for Stasia and then we are going to see if we drive or fly to Melbourne.

Shit, he's going to let it happen. Ok, we have a start!

"Drew what are you doing if she goes... and what if she wants to stay there when this shit storm blows over."

"Prez I'll want to go, but I think I'm needed here! But once it's done, I'm with her. Whatever her decision!she's been through enough. I'm going to let her decide. But she does have Sophie here, so I think she will be back." 

Prez nods knowing whatever happens I'm with Stasia. Krip nods to me, he must agree with my choice, not that I care I just want her safe.

There's some frantic knocking at the door and Prez nods for the doors to be opened, Mira is standing there she looks at Krip first then at her dad and spills it "Dad they're gone. Stasia, I'm pretty sure she left first.  Then Sophie and Keata cause I saw Sophie and Keata not long ago,  they were looking for Stasia! Shit, I grab my keys and so does everyone else. Bullet is ringing Soph but I know it's no use with Stasia, she made her mind up days ago we all saw it. We just have to find her. Dad swears behind me and throws something at the wall! 
"Drew you go find her take Krip and Nova I've got to head to Perth soon to pick up Savie,  shit ... what was she thinking!"

"Dad, you know what she had in her mind she's been distant since Tommy died"  we've got his funeral tomorrow and Stasia knew this,  probably thought we wouldn't even think twice to find her because of the funeral.  Grrr Ahh,  I'm going to smack her ass when I get her back safe! She better be safe.

Heading out back, I jump on my bike, Krip and Nova are behind me. We start up together then Mira runs up saying "Bullet got hold of Sophie she's 2 towns over in Yornup, she was heading to Bridgetown,  she seems to think that's where she will go!" I nod. I'm not in the mood for small talk and I'm going to find it hard to rain it in when I get my hands on her. Shit!

Just before I take off I tell Mira, "Get someone to the house, and not you! Need to know if  she got her car or not." Mira nods, I can't hear her over the engines now anyway,  then she walks to her dad.

Bullet just snakes out of the entrance with Knight and Trigger. So there will be the six of us, till we split up at Yornup.

It takes us 15min to get to Yornup,  breaking speed limits all the way. Cops usually leave us be, but as we see Soph up ahead one starts up behind us with its sirens.

Jesus, I just want her back so I know she's safe.

We all pull over and the officer is pretty cool about everything.