Chapter 39

DREW

Walking out to see what Dad knows and to grab our bags I bump into Krip, he's holding our bags,
" thanks, brother, I'll take it in!"  He smirks at me then leaves but yells over his shoulder "you know she's a sister bro, never been anything else!.."

"Yeah I get it.... but I still don't want you to close to her,  and stay away from Mira, I'm not blind Brother I see shit!"
I glare at him hoping he gets it but he turns and walks backward saying "not going there brother, too young and naïve for me!" And just when I think he's finished he adds "and she couldn't handle my kind of fucking....!"

"Just stay the fuck away from her, got it !" Throwing his hands up in defeat he says "will do." Then turns and leaves. But I know there's something there,  I can see it on Mira,  Krip's good at hiding shit...., but not that good!

Walking back in the room Stasia's at the door,
"oh I was just coming down to get that!" She says while pointing at our bags. I pass  her hers,
" yeah thought you'd need a change of clothes but I have a t-shirt you can sleep in, here." I pass it to her then give her a quick kiss. Then I leave again, as  I  closed the door she yells back "don't be too long!"
I wink at her as I closed the door heading to where all my brothers are.

We've been talking for a bit now, seems Spud was seen leaving just after us and no one knows where he's gone, or if he's on his own.
Prez said he left in the same direction as us,  but that doesn't mean anything, but to keep on high alert.
We have Cory and Felix outside on patrol at the moment, but Dad wants more than 2 out there.

We're just finishing up who's on what roster so we can get some rest.
Krip, Felix and Bullet are on the first watch then me Dad and Maverick and last is Helmet, Trigger and Thump till we leave!
We do have a slight army with us, but that was the plan. When Dad finishes up we all go where we're needed.
I set my alarm, so I can get up in time for my shift.  I'm glad we're only doing short shifts so we can all get some sleep, we still have a big distance to cover tomorrow and we're leaving early.

I head up to my bedroom to see Stasia passed out, she is dead to the world.
I jump in the shower to wash off the smell of the road, then get into bed with Stasia. Her body must know when I'm around cause she curls into me and snuggles, rubbing her nose on the side of my chest like she's smelling that it's  me, I'll have to remember to tease her about that later, it's not long before I'm asleep as well.

Waking up to my alarm, I scramble to turn it off before It wakes Stasia up. I want her to sleep, she's still not healed properly and she needs rest more than anything.
Sneaking out the door I see Dad doing the same thing,  he nods at me and we both head to the kitchen. He puts the coffee pot on and says,
  " you sleep much"

"Yeah fell asleep fast, but I'll have  a coffee!"
I'm smiling,  cause I know Dad can't be fucked making me one.... but he will,  cause I asked,
" lucky it's you son... I receive a text from Prez in the last hour, Spud was found ran off the road by a drunk driver, he's fine! But he was going in our direction, so we're pretty positive he knows something."
"Yeah he was in the kitchen when I was talking about our plans in the hall,  but I have no idea if he heard anything, but when I asked what he was doing, he lied.  So good job about the drunk driver, pity it didn't do more damage, fucker deserves it!"
Nodding Dad passes me my coffee and we head out to relieve the first group Felix comes up first
"it's been quiet nothing out of the norm!"
Dad replies "Good,  go get some rest your driving when we leave!" He nods then goes to where he's sleeping. Krip and Bullet come over from the dark spot, under different trees and bushes,  way out of sight. They both say "nothing yet" and head inside, Maverick comes out at the same time the other two go in, giving each other a chin lift then he  passes us doing the same, he's ready for action as well,  he doesn't even make conversation heads straight to where Bullet was,  so I head to where Krip was and  take up camp with my coffee.  Dad sits in the dark spot near the cornered the house. You can't see him unless he makes a noise.

After about an hour I see two cars coming down the street.
I'm alarmed because it's way too late for one car let alone two at the same time... Dad flicks something at me to get my attention. I shake a branch to signal that I'm aware of the cars so is Maverick. I just pray they keep on moving, but someone turns a light on inside at the same time the cars stop and pull in.. shit!

The car lights are off.
I'm hoping that who ever is inside doesn't come out side, cause the people in the car are now out and crouching down with weapons, fuck!
I have my gun handy so does Maverick and Dad has his rifle, well it was Nana's but he has that plus his gun.?
Just as the guys hide at the tree I'm near,  Stasia walks out with a coffee, why the fuck would she come outside! I send a prayer up that she doesn't get shot.... She gonna be the death of me!!
Dad must get her attention, cause she sits in the shadows and whispers something I can only just hear her!
Dad must have told her to move back inside,  but to keep in the dark cause she nearly makes it... then a voice yells out "best you turn around and come with us without waking anybody, or we'll shoot down the house and none of your friends will survive!" Stasia stops in her tracks. All though I can't hear Dad, I know he's coaching her on what to do, by the way, she's responding. She turns around real slow.
I turn to make sure I can take out as many as I can, cause Dad will fire the first shot to signal us to start!
I've got my guys in sight,  they're easy prey. I just hope Dad gets in front of miss hit the dirt before she hits it again... shit, why didn't she stay inside!

As Stasia calls out "why are you after me!"
Dad fires his first shot with that we all start shooting, mine go down fast, so do Mavericks guys.
I get one from the other car but I think I only nip him. I hear Stasia cry out, when I turn to look what's happening, I see it's Krip pulling her inside. I turn back to get this done.
Looking at Maverick he's out of position heading to the car that has more guys shooting at us.  I give him cover then follow with him, doing the same. Dads shooting as well now,  with some more guns going off behind me.
Once we get close, there's only one left and Maverick has him by the throat I yell clear. Dad and my brothers come over, Dad says,
"go check on Stasia I got this!" 
Then another gun goes off and the guy hits the dirt. We all turn and point our guns in the direction of the shot and bloody Mira is there with blood on her I run to her but she's glaring at the guy who's on the ground. Krip swears then glares at Mira " what the fuck you doing Mira.... get inside he was our only go to guy for info.... fuck!" He's pissed, but he didn't see the look on Mira's face, something's not right...
Mira just smiles at Krip then says  "Oh your welcome. But this guy over here is still alive, asshole!" She turns and slams the front door going inside!
What the fuck just happened!