Chapter 34

DREW

Looking after Stasia In hospital is definitely keeping me on my toes, she only wants to get out of here. I don't blame her though, ever since I met her, she has been run over, shot, stabbed..... oh shit.... and the door handle....and now this, plus the weight of killing a man!  I know she thinks she's going to be ok.... but sometimes things creep up on you, when everything settles, I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

I've been talking to Dad and Prez about the drive to Melbourne, making sure everything is ready by tomorrow. Mapping out which way we're going, cause we want to get there as fast as possible, no delaying! We're going in a group of 8, that's me, dad Krip and Bullet on bikes and Savie, Stasia, Sophie and little Keata in the car. Stasia doesn't know yet that Soph and Keata are coming, but I wanted that part to be a surprise,  she had so much shit so far,  a bit of happiness would be great.

We also have a group following of 4 and that's  if Stasia's father  decides he can jump us... well it won't be easy Knights bad enough on his own but with Nova, Trigger and one of the other guys Thump, he's been one of the guys who helped me with doing bikes when dad stayed in Melbourne and helped me out over the years. A bit older than me but not as old as Dad. He has a  problem with trust, but when I'm involved or the other brothers, he's good....Unless it's Knight on one of his scheming ideas, about a night out or who he's taking home cause Thumps been in the middle of one of Knight's schemes and wanted to kill him later.

Walking back to Stasia's room, making sure I didn't forget anything.... there letting her home today but the doc just wants to do some stuff with her leg and we are leaving tomorrow for Melbourne if all goes well!

She's on the bed "You've been to the toilet when you were told not to without help Beauty" she has... I can tell, when I told her the other day that she couldn't leave the bed all she could think about was what if she had to do number 2s, as she puts it.....fucken hell..... like I care,  just don't move your leg......!
god damn it...... bloody women.

Nodding her answers with "Drew I'm fine.... you know I am, now where is the doctor so we can leave, I need as much time with Keata as possible, before we go. I'm gonna miss her!"
I smile to myself, cause Soph is going along with my surprise by not telling her, which we're telling her tomorrow, I just nod and tell her that's fine. 

It's about an hour and a half from here to  home and we have a van Dads in, so just the 4 of us and Krip is riding behind us, lucky bastard, what I'd give to be on a bike, but Prez organized to take it back so I was with Stasia,  which is good as well!

Not long after the doc walks in and gives Stasia a bunch of rules, that she will break.... we get the ok to leave. But with Stasia's loud complaints about being in a chair, we wheel her to the exit where Dad is waiting with Savie and the van.

Once we're all in the van with Savie in the front and me and Stasia in the back, I set her up so her leg is still elevated on my lap with a cushion as well.

"I don't know what all the fuss is about if I can leave, it must be fine to be on the ground, now I have all these rules... " she takes a big breath and blows it out, so her hair that's in her eyes flys up.

"Babe, the doc says this is what's happening.... so don't argue! And when we get to the club,  you can have 30 min of chatting to everyone. Then we're going to bed....you listening!"
I see her roll her eyes and Dad must be looking at her cause he just laughs saying,
"Son,  never give a woman a bunch of rules, she's not going to listen to. Stasia, when you're tired, let him know and he'll get you to bed, but keep your leg up for god sakes so he stops his bitchin"