Chapter 7

DREW

It didn't take long for her to fall asleep. I just get comfy and watch the movie.

When the movie is finished I turn it off and push the recliner back, see if I can get some sleep.  Just as I'm drifting, my phone vibrates... Prez wants an update on how she is, and why I'm still here....., Ha. Like I know, but I just can't leave her. Something is making me stay with her, wish I knew what it is...So I just give him the only answer I can at the moment.

ME: she's Gd. in pain. has a concussion so should be out tomorrow... she has no family!!

I hope he gets it. A text comes straight back.

PREZ: ok just keep me updated!

Good, he gets it! Before I know it I drift off as well.

Sometime later, I wake to grunts and moans... 
I'd completely forgotten where I was. Blinking my eyes, and giving them a rub, I realise where I am.

Looking across at Stasia, she's thrashing and moaning,  saying "stop don't touch,"

The fuck... I stand straight away, going over to get eye level and call her name in hush tones trying to wake her, she's having a pretty bad nightmare.

"Stasia honey wake up girl, come on now you're safe....  you're in the hospital!"
Putting my hands in both of her's,  so I'm not holding her down I keep talking to her gently....she comes too pretty quickly.

She's breathing fast and sweating from the nightmare.
"Hey...  you ok, you're at the hospital,  you're safe now, you hear me"
She nods her head taking deep breaths, with the look of shock on her face, as she  makes eye contact with me,  she says,
"You're still here, shit what time is it."

I  Look at my phone,
I tell her,
"4 am, you had a nightmare, was it about today?"

I know it wasn't! but I'm going to see if she will tell me, I'm betting she won't.

Fidgeting with the blanket she says,

"Yeah, it must have been the gun."

I'm positive it's not... I'll leave it for now.

"You're fine now he ain't getting out of jail anytime soon, so try not to think about him, ok"

"ok, are you going home soon...  I'll be fine"
Again with the going home... Gee, I don't even want to leave when her friend gets here. shit.

Especially after seeing her in that nightmare, I feel hell protective over her. Maybe I do need to go... shit, I'll wait for her friend then I better give us both space. Fuck!!

"Nah not till your friend comes back. Hey you need some pain relief"
I press the button any way she needs it whether she thinks she does or not.

The nurse tops her up with meds without any complaints from the patient.... next thing were both asleep...

Waking to someone shaking my shoulder,  I see her friend is here.
I take my time to get up, rubbing my face with my hands then take a look at Stasia,  she's still asleep I look at her friend Sophie and say,