ChO3

Over the next few days, my life went back to normal and I was back to doing what I liked doing best and that was taking photos of random objects and and nature itself.

Indya hasn't bugged me about sneaking out again, but she's been hanging out with that guy Jahseh a lot lately.

I was in our backyard taking pictures of our garden with my old film camera. I liked these cameras better because of the way my pictures came out. It gave my pictures that Aesthetic look that I liked.

Our backyard lead to some woods that I never once been through but I figured today since I was taking pictures of trees, plants and animals, I'd take a walk through there and see what more I could find.

I went on my adventure lifting the camera up to my right eye, snapping pictures of things I thought were useful. I took the narrow trail through the tall green trees and took in my scenery.

I stopped and took pictures of birds and squirrels then kept it moving.

The sounds of water could be heard from near by, catching my attention. I slowly followed my ears realizing that I was getting closer and closer to the rippled sounds.

I pushed through bushes and small sticks that hung from trees until I finally came across a small river stream.

There was a small rock perfect for sitting a few feet away from the water. It was quiet and so calming, I almost felt like I was the only person in the world. Thats just how peaceful it was.

After taking at least 20 more pictures I found my way back into my backyard.

I walked through the back door examining the pictures I took and heard Indya coming down the stairs.

"There you are. Wanna go to the beach with me, Jahseh, and his guys?" She asked me.

"Um, im kinda busy" I told her holding up my pictures.

"Asia.. stop being a homebody! How are you gonna complain about having a boring summer but you're the one making it boring."

I let out a long sigh.

"Fine. I'll go" I told her.

"Good! Go change into your sexiest bikini, I know for a fact Stokeley's gonna be out there since thats Jah's bestfriend" She said happily walking back upstairs.

She was telling me he was gonna be there because..?

It wasn't like I liked him or anything. I barely even knew him and I only met him one time.

I made my way upstairs to find me something I was comfortable to wear to the beach. I threw on a pair of shorts and a plain old tank top with my bikini beneath it, but it wasn't like I was planning on actually showing it.

I wasn't a huge fan on showing off my body.

•••

Indya and I arrived to the beach 20 minutes later. Pulling into the crowded parking lot, Indya parked her car next to im guessing Isaiah's car since he was driving.

"Wassup wassuuupp" Red said throwing his arms up while the rest of them got out of the car.

"Hey guys" Indya said as Jah came over and hugged her.

I spotted Stokeley leaning on their car while they got everything they needed from the trunk and back seat.

For some reason, he looked sexier from the last time I'd seen him. Maybe it was because he was shirtless and his smooth skin was looking good in the sun..

We had been out here for over 2 hours now and I was sitting on the sand watching people play and splash in the salty beach water.

Red and Isaiah were over by a group of white girls trying to run game. And I had no Idea where Stokeley and Antwan were.

Indya was getting a piggy back ride from Jahseh, which made me kind of smile at how happy they looked. She had been with a lot of guys trying to find the right one after her first love cheated on her with her bestfriend. But now its looking like she was trying to settle down now.

I could feel the presence of someone walking up behind me so I turned my head and was surprised to see Stokeley sitting in the sand next to me.

He squinted his eyes at the sun while he focused on the water.

"I noticed how sectioned off you always are, every time I see you" He spoke.

"You've only seen me twice.. but what do you mean?"

"You separate yourself from everyone else. Why?" He asked not looking at me.

"Thats just how I am. You're always quiet and in your own little world every time I see you.. why?" I repeated his question.

"Thats just how I am" He said reciting the same phrase I used.

I laughed a little looking off onto the water.

"Nah, I just like to take in things. You realize more when you just sit back and acknowledge things" He said.

"Yeah."

"You and your sister..you're different"

"I know I get that a lot. She's the outgoing and hyper one and im just the one who barely gets noticed. A tag along I guess" I shrugged.

"Thats not true. I notice you" He says making me get nervous for some odd reason.

"How? we've only seen each other like twice" I said to him.

"Just because we've seen each other twice doesn't mean I haven't noticed a lot about you. I can see right through you though. I been reading through you like a book"

"Oh really?" I gave him an 'yeah right' kind of look.

"What have you 'read' about me then?" I ask him.

"Well I know that you don't really get any attention from boys like your sister and friends do." He started .

"I don't need any attention from boys , the hell? All they want is what's between my legs" I told him.

"I know that you're calm and you keep to yourself a lot because you don't know what to say to people half of the time." He says.

"No, I keep to myself because I don't trust everyone. Especially people I don't even know" I corrected him.

"I know your insecurities. How you're afraid to look people in their eyes, and how you don't like showing off your body because you feel like your body isn't good enough like the other girls around you"

"How would you know Im insecure about my damn body? You don't even know me" I shot at him.

"I also know that you try to find an explanation and look past everything that you know is true" He says now looking at me.

Looking down at my feet in the sand I began to feel embarrassed.

I got up off the sand and dusted my hands off.

"You know what. You're a jerk and I should've let you get jumped that day" I tell him walking off.