Ch42

^ Dad needs to hurry up and drop the full music video.

Mike stood up off the rock as Stokeley approached us.

"What the fuck is this nigga doing out here Asia?" Stokeley asks calmly.

I stood up and got in front of Mike since he was still coming towards him. If it was one thing I definitely didn't want happening, it was them fighting.

"I was showing him the river–

"I don't give a FUCK, he shouldn't be out here. Nobody should be fucking out here" Stokeley says giving Mike the coldest stare.

"This is my backyard! I can bring whoever I want in my backyard" I say defending Mike.

"This is our fucking thing. Our thing. And you gon bring this pussy ass nigga out here?" He says while Mike just stood behind me.

Not wanting to argue with him in front of Mike or argue with him period I turn and face Mike.

"You ready to go?" I ask him.

Mike nods his head.

"Naw you not going nowhere" Stokeley says grabbing my arm tightly before I could walk away.

"Stokeley let me go!"

"Yo, get your hands off of her" Mike says walking up to him.

"Shut yo bitch ass up." Stokeley says not seeming fazed by Mike who coming up on him.

"Mike, just go. I'll just head home" I tell Mike while Stokeley pulled me to him.

"Im not leaving you here with this nigga"

"Its fine, I'll call you" I tell him.

Mike hesitated before walking away. I watched him disappear before Stokeley let go of my arm.

"What's wrong with you?" Stokeley asks me.

I turn and look at him while he chuckled and shook his head.

"Nothings wrong with me"

"First you disrespect me and my bro earlier for bringing that nigga to our celebration, which I let slide. Then you bring him to our spot that nobody knew about, sept us?" He asks me.

I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to say. I kind of felt bad but then again he disrespected me when he got back with Carly right after I'd given him my innocence.

"You must be fucking him. You fucking him too?" He asks looking me up and down before his eyes met mine again.

"Why does that concern you? Im not your bitch" I tell him bluntly.

"Thats sad Asia. I didn't think you would turn out that way" He laughed.

"I'm going home, im not about to argue with you and let you talk to me any kind of way" I tell him walking away.

Again, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. Only this time he let go of my arm and grabbed the back of my head with a tight grip on my hair.

"Don't fuck with me. You're really trying me right now" He tells me staring into my eyes.

I could tell he was extremely mad yet he acted so calm. That's what began to make me nervous.

I grab at his hand and try to pry his fingers away but that only made his grip tighter.

"You're hurting me..."

"You think I give a fuck? You hurt me too" He tells me.

"How can you hurt someone who didn't give a shit about you?" I ask him.

"If I didn't give a shit about you, I wouldn't be standing here having this conversation with you" He tells me.

"I care about you more than you think" He says while staring deep into my eyes.

•••

I woke up to the sound of Stokeley's phone ringing for the 10th time.

He groaned and removed his arms from around me, then reached over to grab his phone off the dresser. He answered on the third ring.

"Yo" His raspy voice said.

I could hear Carly on the other end asking him where he was. I laid there and pulled the covers up more over my naked body, while they talked.

"I fell asleep at Jah's house. I'll be home soon" He told her before ending the call.

He climbed out of the bed and retrieved his shirt off the floor.

"Tell Carly I said hey" I tell him.

He kissed his teeth and put on the rest of his clothes. He came over to my side of the bed and kissed me.

"I'll see ya" He says.

When he left, I grabbed my phone to check the time.

1:56 a.m.

I had multiple missed calls from Mike and text messages asking If I was okay and If I had made it home yet.

I totally had forgotten about him and now I felt bad. I was going to tell him that I got home and fell asleep thats why I forgot to call him.

I wasn't sure if Stokeley and I were back on that level yet but I think we were starting over.

I didn't want to creep around with him behind Carly's back even though it made me feel good, it would also make me feel like the side piece.

And a side piece was nothing I wanted to be.

:)