Ch44

I walked into class sheepishly and made my way to the back. Mike was sitting at his desk instead of sitting in the desk next to mine.

I put my stuff down on my desk then went over to him.

"Hey Mike.." I said quietly.

He looked up at me, then looked back down at his phone paying me no attention.

"Bye asia" He said dismissing me.

Every since that night Stokeley and I made up and had sex, I hadn't really been talking to Mike. I hadn't been returning his calls, talking to him at school, or even hanging out with him.

I know he knew that I was back messing with Stokeley. But I couldn't help the feelings I had for him.

I mean come on, he was my first. You're not going to just lose feelings and get over the boy you trusted with your virginity that fast and some people don't understand that.

I awkwardly walked back to my seat. I know he was hurt and I was going to make sure I apologized to him.

After class Mike was the first one out of the door. I quickly grabbed my book bag, slung it over my shoulder and rushed to catch up with him.

When I caught up to him I grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Mike, I–

"I honestly don't wanna hear it. You can save all that shit i'm over it" He said snatching his arm away from me.

"Mike I really am sorry. I never meant to hurt you"

"Bullshit. You used me to get that nigga  jealous so he'd want your ass back. Im not stupid" He spoke.

"No. That's not true. I really was starting to like you" I tried to explain.

"Yeah right. I don't even care anymore. You're just stupid and blind. You're gullible as fuck" He said.

"Mike.."

"You know he's still messing around with other girls right? But you're so fucking stupid. When he breaks your heart again, don't come running back to me"  He says walking away, leaving me standing in the hall.

I felt so bad and his words hit me deep. Over off on the side, Red stood by my locker waiting for me.

I slowly began to walk over to him while he watched Mike disappear down the hall.

"The fuck was that nigga saying to you?" Red asks me.

"Nothing, lets just go"

"Fuck no. Do I gotta beat that niggas ass Asia?"

"No. Can we go?" I ask walking away.

Red hesitated but followed me to our next class.

All throughout the day I couldn't stop thinking about what Mike had said to me in the hallway.

Was I being stupid?

   ••••

I sat on the rock while I waited for Stokeley to come. I had asked him to meet me out to our spot so that I could talk to him about the situation.

I checked the time on my phone and seen that it was going on 10 p.m.

I heard the sounds of leaves crunching and then Stokeley popped up. He came over and sat next to me.

"Wassup?" He asks.

"What took you so long?" I ask him.

"I had to handle something" He tells me.

"I already know you were with Carly... But anyways thats what I wanted to talk to you about." I say.

"Okay" He says staring at me.

"Stokeley you and I both know I have strong feelings for you im not even going to hold it in anymore. I like you a lot, but im not going to be sneaking around with you behind Carly's back" I tell him.

He blows out a breathe of air and looks over at the water clenching his jaw.

"It's either you leave Carly alone and be about me. Or you stay with Carly and I leave for good...Im not being anyone's side piece" I tell him.

It took a lot for me to get that out because I was extremely nervous. I wasn't sure how he was going to react or what he was going to say.

We sat in silence while he continued to stare off at the water. My heart was beating fast but I was trying my best to keep calm.

I knew that Carly was his first love and he probably still had a lot of love for her. But I refused to be anyone's second choice.

It stayed quiet for a good 5 minutes before he began to get up.

I look at him confused as he walks away and disappears through the tall, dark trees.

I guess that was my answer.

<>