Ch45

Walking down the stairs, I heard my mom trying to speak quietly on the phone. When she noticed me she told the person she had to go and that she would call them back later.

I headed into the kitchen to grab me a water bottle so I went over to the fridge and grabbed one out.

"Girls, come into the living room please" My mom called out to us.

I sighed because last time we got called into the living room together we got told bad news. I wondered what this could be about.

I went into the living room and glanced at my mother nervously.

"Sit" She directed me over to the couch.

I did as told and waited for Indya to come down. When she finally came she was talking on the phone to probably Jahseh.

"End the call, we need to talk" She says.

Indya sighs before speaking into the phone. "I'll call you back".

She ended the call then came over and sat next to me while my mother smiled at us. I took it that since she was smiling, something good was about to be told. So, that made that nervous feeling go away.

"I was on the phone with your father." She says catching us both off guard.

"Um why?" Indya asks confused.

"Well. We had been talking on the phone for two weeks now him and his fiancé called the wedding off and are done for good" She says to us.

"Woohoo for him?" Indya says sarcastically.

"Girls, we're moving to New York"

Indya and I sat there in silence and just stared at her. We both were in shock but I could tell Indya was more shocked than I was.

"Aren't you happy? We get to be a family again" My mom says happily.

"Mom... We were never a family" I say speaking quietly.

"We're going to start over. Start a new life and be happy" She tells us.

"Mom you almost took your own life away because of that man. Why are you taking him back?" Indya asks.

"Honey. You're too young to understand, Love–

"That is not love! All the things he put us through. He put you through, he put Asia through?" Indya says scrunching her eyebrows up at her.

I could see the tears began to well up in her eyes making her eyes become glossy.

"Indya you should be happy. You're the one who didn't want him to leave in the first place" My mom says as her smile fades away.

"Yeah. Before I found out what he did to fucking Asia" Indya says.

"Now you watch your mouth around me Indya Pricilla Montgomery" My mom says sternly.

"No. Fuck that and fuck him! Im not moving down there with him" Indya tells her.

"Then where the hell are you going to go!??" My mom asks beginning to raise her voice.

By now the tension between my mom and Indya were extremely bad. I stayed quiet. I had no clue on how to feel about the situation.

"I'll be anywhere but fucking New York thats for sure!" Indya says.

"I can't believe you are speaking to me like this. Have you lost your damn mind?!"

"Have you lost yours? You knew what dad did to Asia! Your own daughter, his own daughter!!! That is sick and you want to take him back?? You really do need help, they should've kept your crazy ass into that hospital a little longer" Indya says out of anger.

"......Get the hell out of my house"  My mom tells her as her eyes began to water.

"Gladly. Good luck with that fucking sicko" Indya says getting up off of the sofa.

"Indya..." I say grabbing her arm trying to stop her.

"Asia, no" Indya says snatching her arm away from me before jogging off upstairs.

I watch as my mother began to cry. I'd never seen her cry a day in my life before and it kind of made me feel bad.

Indya disrespected her a way no parent should ever be disrespected.

Then again, half of the things she said were true.

I did want to leave Florida, but I didn't want to be living in the same house with the man that almost took my mother's life away.

At this point I didn't know what to do or who's side to be on. I was stuck.

<>

The end is near my friends.