Kabanata 27

Sean's POV

     "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Mactan - Cebu International Airport. Local time is 4 o'clock in the afternoon, the temperature is 26 degrees celcius," sabi ng head stewardess through the speakers. "For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about.

     "At this time, you may use your cellular phones if you wish./Cellular phones may only be used once the Fasten Seat Belt sign has been turned off. Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.

     "If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you," she continued. "On behalf of Philippine Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!"

   Tumayo na ako when the seatbelt sign was off. I was in the business class so mauuna akong lumabas ng eroplano. I got my laptop bag from the cabin above at lumabas na. I'm finally home, Cebu. I'm finally here.

   I was waiting for the luggages sa carousel 3. Kanina pa ako naghihintay and my luggages were no where to be found. Nagsimula na akong mainis. I really wanted to go home pero pinapatagal pa. I heard my phone ring at sinagot ko agad ito.

     "Anak, nandito na kami sa labas," bungad ni mama sa'kin as I answered the call. "Your luggages are here na rin."

   I grunted at nagsimula ng maglakad palabas ng airport. I bid farewell kay mama bago tinago yung phone ko sa pocket ng pants ko. As soon as I saw out range rover na naka-park, binilisan ko yung paglakad hanggang sa nakarating na ako. Bumaba pa talaga si mama at niyakap ako. I hugged her back. God, how much I miss my family, my supporters, my life.

     "Welcome home, anak," sabi niya sa'kin as she she kissed my nose. "You wanna go visit her?"

   I knew what she was talking about, so I nodded. Lumapit si dad sa'kin at niyakap rin ako. I hugged him back, as tight as his hug. Yung sumunod na yumakap sa'kin was Shan. I felt her body tremble as I hugged her, which means she was crying. Mas lalo ko siyang niyakap. I felt my tears falling from my eyes na rin.

     "Kuya, miss na miss na kita," sabi niya sa'kin. "Pero hindi ako umiiyak ng dahil dyan. Wala na kasi si ate Gizelle."

   The sound of her name sent shivers down my spine. My Gizelle, my sweetest Gizelle. Mas lalo na akong naiyak at hinigpitan yung yakap ko sa kapatid ko. Naramdaman ko ang mga yakap ng magulang namin. You may be gone, but I know hindi ako nag-iisa.

"Let's go na?" tanong ni papa sa'kin. Tumango lang ako. "Everything will be okay, son. Not now, but for sure, it will."

I gave him a smile at sumakay na sa sasakyan. Sumunod si Shan sa'kin kasi she wanted to be on the right side. I'll be seeing her grave. I'll be seeing the grave she created for herself para maniwala ang lahat na patay na siya. Where are you, Gizelle? Where are you hiding? Let me know so that I can bring you home already. I miss you so damn much!

~

After a few minutes of travel, nakarating na kami sa Manila Memorial Park. Tumigil sa dad and turned the engine off.

"Take your time, son," sabi niya sa'kin. "We'll be right here waiting for you."

"Call us lang if you need someone, okay?" dagdag ni mama sa'kin. "We're all here for you."