4 ~ Not Good

The room smelt of chemicals the minute Louis stepped in, the desks were set out neatly for two people per station. As everyone sat in their own seats Louis was left at the front, "Hello, are you new?"

A short teacher with a white lab coat and glasses looked over her computer to Louis, "Y-Yes, where should I sit?"
"Just find any place that's free love," her squinted eyes looked back at the computer as Louis gazed to each table, Ariel was on the front desk with Luke and she mouthed an apology.

Louis smiled and shrugged. The twins weren't in this class so he couldn't go with either of them two.

He scanned each table like a metal detector but there was only one space left, he knew Louis had seen and shuffled more onto his side. He gulped before gliding down the right isle of the tables to the back one.

He put his bag under and sat on the stool trying to pay no attention to the boy who was his partner.

"Right lets start! Today we'll be doing something easy and testing metal compounds in Bunsen burners for their colour which will link in with our pyrotechnics topic, Ariel will you give out the sheets, and Luke will you give out the compounds?" Both stand up and the chatter starts in the classroom except their corner.

'What do I even say?'

Ariel came over with the sheet and slid two on their table while furrowing her eyebrows at Harry. He didn't look but he knew she was doing it. "Be nice to him Styles, he's new. Don't be all antisocial for a change." She spat before rubbing Louis on his shoulder and strutting off. "As well Mr styles, put your hood down, it's a safety hazard with the Bunsen Burner." The teacher shouted from across the room.

He huffed and pulled down his hood, Louis looked and saw his full face for the first time. He had brown curls that were organised unevenly whenever he dragged his fingers through it. It suited him.

"I-I'm Louis, T-Tomlinson," he pulled out his hand, Harry looked at it but didn't shake it, "Harry Styles." His voice was deep but soothing yet still made Louis feel uneasy.

It went awkward again, before Luke came over with the tubs filled with metals. He did the same scowl Ariel did just seconds before.

"You better be nice Ha-" he looked up to Luke. "I will Lucas! Your girlfriend's already given the rant! I won't hurt a single hair on his head ok?! Just go and sit down for fucks sake." Luke's eyes widened before turning around and going back to his seat.

Louis gulped again feeling his body freeze from the monster like creature sat next to him. "You can do the experiment and I'll just write it in the table, you can just copy at the end." He grunted putting the safety glasses on and turning the built-in Bunsen burner on, "O-Ok." Louis nodded

"T-The first ones cop-"
"It's blue," Harry wrote down, his handwriting was neat and gentle like calligraphy but he made it look so easy.

Louis used a spatula to scoop the compound up and held it in the fire, sparks sprinted off it and the flame turned blue, he put it in water afterwards, "you were right," Harry just hummed and ticked the box.

"So Harry, what's your favourite subject?" Louis couldn't think of anything else to say but regretted his decision the moment the sentence left his lips. "Are you actually trying to make small talk with me?" Harry rolled his eyes going back to the sheet, "Yes," Louis answered confidently. "Don't, I'm not good."

"Don't? Don't you think someone should decide for themselves if a person is good or bad?" Harry stood up, taking his glasses off, he was 6ft and Louis was only 5'8 so he was a lot smaller.

He gulped, "you have no idea who I am!" Harry angered, some of the class turning around. "You should just leave me alone, you don't understand what trouble I can get you in." Harry sat down whispering the last bit, "Trouble?"

"Drop it Tomlinson," he sighed going back to writing, Louis nodded and sunk back into his chair. "Magnesiums next," as Louis tried to open the stiff bottle his elbow slipped and poured all the copper ash over Harry, he flinched back and caught his hand in the fire.

Harry grunted and squinted his eyes. The minute he opened them again, Louis was sure this time.

They weren't green like a split second ago.

His eyes were red.

He looked at Louis and shuck his head before putting his hood back up, scrambling from the table and running out the class room. Louis followed quickly after without the teacher noticing.

"Harry?!" Louis shouted down the corridor finding him limply traveling, holding himself up on the walls with his back arched, "Louis go! I c-can't-" he heaved.

He looked up at Louis his eyes still burning, he shuck his head and went into what looked like a bathroom. Louis jogged after him, his hand traveling on the wall like Harry's was.

However, he came across deep carvings in it which looked like claw marks, they were burning hot; team visibly floating off of them.

Louis walked into the bathroom but no one was there and he was sure it was the right room Harry had walked into. A large window was open so Louis just made the conclusion he'd escaped though it.

With a shrug, Louis left the toilet and returned to his class.

With a shrug, Louis left the toilet and  returned to his class