72 ~ Lies

Louis grasped the sheets around him, squeezing his eyes shut before opening them slightly.

He was led in a hospital bed, his leg wrapped tightly in white fabric in a brace which was pretty sore, but the morphine was working well.

A needle was taped into his arm and was pinching into his blue veins as well as wires leading through his t-shirt monitoring his heartbeat. Louis removed a gas mask over his head, revealing most of the room.

It was clean and fresh. Louis felt so much better to be back in real life. He opened his eyes wider and almost burst into tears.

Harry was curled up on a small chair, fast asleep. He had giant, dark bags under his eyes and looked pale. Before Louis said anything, Will walked into the cramped room with two steaming mugs.

He closed the door with his foot before slightly smiling at the sight of Harry. Will gently lowered the cups onto a table next to the chairs and sat down, he hadn't noticed Louis was awake yet.

"W-Will."

He flicked his head up from the sound of Louis' dry, croaky voice. "Oh my god," Will whispered, standing back up and making his way to the bed.

"Are you okay?" Louis shrugged, not really wanting to use his voice because of the pain. He looked over to Harry, and then back up to Will. "He's been worrying about you, a lot. I'll wake him up if you want?" Louis nodded, Will smiled. "I'll go and tell the nurse you're awake."

Before Will left he nudged Harry shoulder, startling him. "He's awake Harry-"
"I-I am! I am!" He sat up quickly, hunched over on his elbows, rubbing his eyes. "No Harry, him- Louis is," Harry sprinted up, almost knocking the whole chair over. "W-What?!"

Louis smiled up at him, raising his hand up. "B-Baby-" Harry stuttered, tears quickly weaving their way down his sculptured face. Will left the room to find Louis' nurse, leaving the two on their own.

"T-Thank you." Louis chocked out as Harry took his hand and sat down on the edge of his bed.

"N-No, you shouldn't say that. I don't deserve any gratitude from you, this is a-all my fault." Louis shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows and squeezing Harry's hand tighter.

"I shouldn't have let you come on y-your one. I'm so sorry Lou." Harry dropped his head down, so his tears trickled onto their hands.

Louis shook his head even harder, unlinking his hand away from Harry and raising it up to lift his chin up. "N-Not your.. fault." Harry sighed doubtfully, "you really scared me. Again." He chuckled, looking up and down Louis' body at the cuts and grazes before landing on his leg.

"Do you want me to turn the morphine up? Does it hurt?" Louis squinted his eyes shrugging before using his other hand to rub up and down his throat. "Oh, do you want some water?" He nodded and smiled up at Harry as he walked over to the fountain in the corner and filled a cup for Louis.

Harry gave it to him and sat back down. Louis sipped slowly and smiled. "I've missed you."
"I've missed you too Lou..." Harry paused, Louis watching as he tried to hold back tears. "I thought you weren't coming back."
"I'll always come back to you."

Louis shuffled back in the bed carefully before pulling himself up. "Be careful baby. You're weak."
"I don't care." He reached forward for Harry and trailed his palms along his jawline before plunging forward to meet his lips.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before Harry started to lean over Louis, laying him back down gently in bed. He disconnected from Louis and kissed him on the forehead sweetly.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

Just when Louis was about to answer, Will came back in the room and smiled at the boys. "He's okay, Will." Harry smiled up at his brother. "He's okay."

"I know Harry, the nurse will be here in a minute. She's just talking to mum, have you told him what he needs to say?" Harry shuck his head and turned back around to Louis.

"We had to make some stuff up to make sure nothing was found out." Louis nodded, "what do I need to say?" Will walked over to the bed and told Louis the lies.

"We've said you and Harry were just having a look around you're old singing studio, and you're jean pocket got caught on a piece of wood on one of the pianos and money fell out you're pocket under the piano. You went to pick it up and-"

"Louis Tomlinson?" A blonde nurse came though the door, interrupting Will. Her eyes were plastered on a clipboard she had clasped in her hand with all of Louis' details written down.

"Y-Yes?" Louis squeaked out. She looked up and smiled. "Hello, I'm nurse Helen Dennis, how are you feeling dear?" Louis shrugged.
"Okay I think, a bit tired and drowsy that's all." She nodded and came around to the drips and needles in Louis' arm, checking them.

"Everything seems to be normal. Can you remember what happened?" Will's eyes widened as he looked at Harry. "Not much, I just remember my money falling and then getting under the piano." She nodded along to what Louis was saying.

"You may have a bit of concussion from the piano landing on you but I think you may be able to leave in a few hours once we've got you sorted with new bandages and crutches. You'll have to take it easy for a few weeks."

With that said, the women left the room and closed the door behind her, scribbling things down on her papers. "That was fucking close." Will chuckled rubbing the back of his neck. Louis laughed along with him before catching Harry's eye. He was just sat there smiling so widely at him.

Louis tilted his head side ways to him. He just smiled even wider with teeth and winked at Louis. 'I love you.' He mouthed. 'I love you too.'

'