32 ~ Ruin

Harry sat down on Louis bed slowly, the other following, perching himself next to him. "What did you do Harry?" Louis said quietly. Harry wasn't looking at him but to the floor instead. "Me and Luke were best friends, we did everything together. But our favourite thing to do was play football. We were co-captains." Harry smiled, Louis saw him picturing it.

"It was the first match after my first change. And I got Ariel, Sam and the twins to all fall out with me the day I came back, but Luke didn't give up. I knew I had to do something bad, something that he would never forgive me f-for." Harry stammered at the end, obviously trying to hold back tears again. Louis nodded putting his hand over Harry's. "We all went out onto the field, it started off really well. We were winning." Harry smiled, "And i-it was half way through the match. I saw my chance, when I did it..."

"I-I tackled him," Louis didn't understand at first but Harry carried on. "And as I said, at first we can't control our powers, but that's what I ignored. I-I just started running towards him, but I didn't stop. I just got faster and faster and before I knew it I crashed into Luke at the speed of car. And because I was so strong at that point I-I did something to him. All I can remember is getting up dizzy, and everyone was around Luke. I wanted t-to break an arm or a leg or something." He paused. Looking up to Louis.

"I-I fractured his spine L-Louis. I fucking paralysed him."

Everything went quiet, they just stared at each other. "H-He was like that for 6 fucking months because of me. I got banned from playing and now he can never play again because his spine isn't strong enough. It's a m-miracle that he can even walk." Harry started to cry again and put his head in his hands.

"T-The worst part of it all was that I had to keep myself from apologising so he would hate me. We never talked again. I ruined his whole life." Louis shuffled over closer to Harry and put an arm around his shoulders.

"He'll forgive you Har-,"
"NO HE WON'T, YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW US AND WHAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH!!" Harry screamed in Louis face, he removed his arm and Harry saw what he had done.

Louis stood up but Harry got up with him and held his forearms so he was looking at him. "L-Lou? N-no no, I'm sorry I-I didn't mean that, please no, I'm sorry." Harry hugged him tightly, Louis just shrugged. "It's ok, you're right, I have no idea what has happened since 2 week ago right?"
"No! Louis please I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean that at all. You know more than anyone else does in this town, anyone. Y-You're my anchor! Y-You're my best friend!..." Harry whispered the last part but Louis still heard.

He gazed up to him with his blue pools, and smiled weakly. "You're my best friend Harry," Harry lent his forehead against Louis and smiled. "I'm sorry for what has happened with you and Luke. Thank you for telling me." Louis kept eye contact, not blinking as their noses touched at the top.

Harry just nodded sighing. Two of them closed their eyes peacefully with their arms around each other before Louis broke apart, he led on his bed, taking his shoes off. "Do you want to come and lie down for a bit?" Harry nodded and took his shoes off as well lying next to Louis, they were clumped up together and stared at the ceiling.

"Harry, what does it feel like?"

"What does what feel like?"

"When you transform?"

"Oh, it depends,"

"How?"

"It always burns really badly like you're in a fire, and that's why I scream a lot but it's worst with how big the animal is, and/or if it is very different to my body shape."

"Like..?"

"So say if I turned into a monkey, it wouldn't hurt that much because our body structures are very similar. The most painful I've had was my first night and it was a tiger. I don't know if it was just because my body wasn't used to it or that it was such a massive animal.

"You were huge, w-well the other day anyway,"

"Thanks?"

They laughed and kept talking, Louis wanted to close the curtains, "Harry could you just hold the end of this?" He hummed and grabbed onto the end of the curtains which was next to Louis' head as he pushed the curtains shut.

Harry let go but didn't put his arm back to its place, he kept it behind Louis' head. Louis shuffled in closer to him until they were practically cuddling.

They stopped chatting and in minutes they were both fast asleep, wrapped in each other's arms.