26 ~ Anchor

Louis saw Harry in every single class and they kept smiling at each other blushing. They both thought the same thing,

I think I like him...
I think I like him...

Every lesson Louis had with Luke was vile, he hated him for saying that to Harry, especially when he is like...this.

They kept meeting eyes and Louis would scowl at him, then Luke would just roll his and turn away. Ariel wanted to start warming back up to Harry, as well as Sam and the twins. They started to talk to him in lessons and that day in breaks. Harry looked happier.

The end of the day soon came which felt too quick for both Harry and Louis. Apart from the argument this morning, today was actually a good day.

Harry met Louis at his locker like he did yesterday and smiled coming towards him. "Hi, u-urm thanks for before," Harry rubbed his neck, now Louis was 100% sure that it was a nervous thing. It was cute.

Louis blushed and put notebooks and guides into his locker, "I trust you a lot more now. 99.9%. I'm glad you're ok." Harry nodded and laughed softly, closing Louis locker when he saw that he was zipping up his bag.

"You ready?" Louis hummed and started to walk with him to the car park. The mustang was sat in all its glory in the sunshine, the lights popped on and it beeped meaning it was now unlocked. "Thanks," Harry smiled as Louis went around the other side of the vehicle and opened the door. They drove out of the car park and onto the main road that led to their estate.

The trees ran across the windows as both boys chatted for a few minutes, it died down and it soon went comfortably silent. Harry broke it.

"Lou, I think I know what you are," he looked to Harry and tilted his head with a questionable express. "What I am? I'm not a werewolf or anything am I?" Harry laughed, "No! You're still human you're just something to me," Louis raised his eyebrows, gesturing to carry on.

"The day after your first change your family usually gives you this book. Every family has one, it tells you everything you need to know about us and what we can and can't do. Like a rule book or even instructions."

Louis nodded, "So there was this thing I read that was near the beginning, that shapeshifters can have these humans that help stop or/and help control the change, they're called anchors. It's very rare because we don't really tell humans but..." he nodded towards Louis.

"Someone was a bit too curious." They laughed, Louis smiled putting his face in his palms. "I'm sorry," Harry grabbed onto his hands pushing them down into his lap, "I'm glad you were," Louis blushed with Harry's hand over his, before it was moved back to the steering wheel.

"So I-I'm your 'anchor'?" Louis stuttered staring at Harry's flawless face, he rubbed the back of his neck yet again. "I-I think so, you stopped me from changing. I've never been able to do that before by myself or with my family. I don't really understand it but I'm pretty sure you are. I'm going to ask about it with my mum and dad tonight," Louis smiled, "Ok, I hope I am."

Harry looked at him and smirked. "Apparently it's by touch at the beginning but if the relationship carries on and gets stronger Anchors can just use their voice or even just being in the shifters presents." Louis hummed, leaning back into the leather chair. "That's pretty cool."

Harry turned into the house and unlocked the doors, "Thank you, ship." Harry's eyebrows furrowed, "Ship?" Louis got out and was about to close the door, "I'm your anchor," Louis giggled closing the door. "Ohh." Harry laughed watching Louis walk inside his house. "Hi mum!"

Harry sighed and started the car, trailing off to his own house. "Hi Louis!" She shouted from in the living room, he took his shoes and jacket off before meeting her in there. He sat down next to Jay and sighed sinking down so he had several double chins. She giggled at him. "Tired?" He hummed closing his eyes. "Maybe get an early night," he nodded sitting up and going to the kitchen to grab a snack. Salt and Vinegar crisps was his first offer but then he saw toffee popcorn and had to have some.

He shared it with his mum and when they were finished Louis went to his room, getting his phone out. As he had it in his hand about to go on one of the social media apps he had on the phone a message popped up on his screen.

"You're my anchor :)"

Louis smiled at the smiley face and rested his head on the pillow.

"Good :)"

"I'm glad you are :)"

"Me too :)"