38 ~ Pride

There was a large queue of 10 people when both boys emerged from the outside, Louis huffed and looked up at Harry. "We're going to have to wait for ages-" before Louis could say anymore, Harry brought him around the line and to the front desk. Patient people giving them dirty looks as they went past.

"The queue for tables starts over there-" the waiter rudely snarled, seeing Harry and Louis coming towards him. "Private booking for Styles please." The waiter went pale and got 2 menus from next to him, "I-I apologies, follow me please." Louis furrowed his eyebrows as they went with the waiter to a back room. The table was set and Harry let go of Louis arm to pull out his chair to let him sit down.

"Thanks," Louis smiled as Harry sat down across from him while the waiter laid the menus out in front of both boys. He looked nervous and fumbled with his fingers as Harry looked at him, "I-I sincerely apologise Mr Styles-"

Harry waved his hand smiling, "It's ok, it doesn't matter. I just look a little young don't I?" The waiter nodded and smiled with him. "Y-Yes a bit, I'll be back in a few minutes to take your orders," He walked away from the table leaving Louis and Harry alone.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows at Harry, "Why is he so sorry?" He asked as the other cruised around the menu. "He was just rude to a customer,"
"That's not it, why else? And how come we could get a seat straight awa-"
"I'm a private customer,"
"And that means??" Harry huffed rolling his eyes but then smiling, "My family are millionaires Lou, we invest in things-" Louis' mouth dropped and his eyes widened. He knew he was rich with all the cars and the massive house but he didn't know he was that rich.

"What?! Really?!" Harry laughed and nodded. "Mainly all of my ancestors were either doctors or footballers, my mum and dad are both solicitors. I-I just-" Harry grabbed Louis hand and held it tightly. "I-I just didn't want you t-to like me for my money. I-I've been used like that before," Harry's smile faded but Louis squeezed his hand back making him look up. "Haz, you're a shapeshifter, I'm pretty sure I like you." He blushed as Louis smirked, "I would never use you like that Harry. I-I really like you."

"I really l-like you too Lou." They both grinned at each other before the waiter suddenly interrupted, they unlinked hands and looked at the menus. "Have you decided what you two are having?" Harry spoke first trying to find the meal he had chosen. "Please could I have the pancake with Nutella and strawberries, Lou?"
"Please could I have the same," he wrote both orders down and continued to the kitchen. "That sounds amazing," Louis could smell the food as the waiter opened the kitchen.

10 minutes later the food came and was almost devoured immediately, Louis and Harry both whipped their mouths as they finished their last bite. "That was amazing! I'm so full now though," Louis giggled as Harry nodded, agreeing. He looked at his watch before getting his wallet out. "We have 15 minutes to get to school so are you ready to go?" Louis sighed, "Yep, forgot that we even had school today." He pulled a face while the waiter once again came over to the table to give them the bill. Harry paid and he took the money to the till before thanking them for coming.

"Thanks for this Harry, it's been a really good morning so far." He nodded while standing up and looking down at Louis with glossy eyes. "I like spending time with you." Louis got up from the table as well, and tucked his chair in. "I like spending time with you too," Harry smirked and held his hand out for Louis, they folded their fingers together and waltzed out of the Café. "We need to come here again." Louis grinned as he got in the car.

They pulled into the school car park and Louis instantly let go of Harry's hand and looked down, Harry gazed over to him and his eyes were drooped as he sniffed.

"H-Hey, what's up?" He unbuckled his seatbelt and swirled so he was facing Louis, he didn't answer. "Lou? Are you ok?"
"I-I don't want people to make fun."
"Of what babe?" Louis heart fluttered at the name but his facial expression still didn't change.

"Of us Harry. L-Last time, a-and when everyone found out-"
"Lou, I promise, It's not like your old school. No one will make fun of you or me or us. Do you trust me?"
He looked up and sniffed, a smile slightly appearing. He nodded. "Love is Love Lou." Harry kissed him on the cheek before getting out and to his side on the car. They both got to the pavement and stood next to each other, still.

"I promise..." Harry held out his hand again and Louis hesitated but finally took it.

Pride.

Hope everyone had a nice pride month💗🏳️‍🌈I'm straight btwww

I'm straight btwww