19 ~ About You

Harry drove down the same root in the woods and Louis finally found where it led to.

He parked the mustang in a place which looked like it'd had cars on before and got out.
The same stream Louis had seen on the walk home from school was a few feet in front of the boys. "Pretty isn't it." Harry smiled walking towards it, Louis followed. "Yes, the whole neighbourhood is." Harry nodded agreeing, they walked further into the woods sticking with the path of the river.

"So," Harry stopped, turning to Louis. "What do you want to know?" Louis thought, "Why 17?" Harry nodded, slowly walking. "I don't really know, it's just like young adulthood I guess. You change on the night of your 17th birthday but all the animals are predators and meat eaters until you can control it and then you can turn into whatever you want, but some animals you still can't control even when you're older."

"So just animals?" Harry nodded. "Yes, but for at least a year you can't control it at all, I've hardly been able to. B-But when you followed me to the woods yesterday, the leopard. I saw you and it changed. I was me not an animal. That's not happened before." He stopped at a dry patch of grass near the river and sat down. Harry patted the space next to him and Louis did the same.

"Eyes?" Louis questioned, "So I can control that, like I could just change them," his green eyes were engulfed in a dark red. As he did,  Louis shuffled away slightly. Harry's smile dropped and he grabbed Louis' arm softly leading him back to where he was, he changed them back to green. "I-I'm sorry. I promise I-I won't hurt you but please, you j-just need to trust me. Please try." He let go of his arm, Louis sighed. "Ok, I'll try."

Harry smiled, looking back up to him. "So I can control it but when I'm about to transform, no. That's why when I change at first my eyes are always red and I can change them to green when I can control the animal. If that makes sense."

"It does." Louis smiled looking out into the river. Harry did the same. "A-And I have these pill things, we tell humans that it's antidepressants or something like that. They're actually just to help us calm down so we have less chance of changing in a public place." Louis eyes widened. "So that's what they were." Harry started to laugh and nodded again. "Oh I get it."
"Good I'm glad you do." Louis grinned, his eyes squinting. He is a different person. The whole  'I hate everyone' is just an act.

"So, Louis Tomlinson, what's your story?" Louis thought, tilting his head. "Well... I was born on the 24th of Decembe-"
"No! Not your life story. Your story, your meaning to the world. I'm a shapeshifter, who are you?" Louis sighed, pulling his knees into his chest and wrapping his arms around them.

"Well I guess it's not really caring what people think of me." Harry turned to him. "Expand." He gestured with his hand. "I had to move schools because of people bullying me for being- gay." Harry's smile dropped, "oh," Louis sighed, "I understand if you don't like me-"
"I am too." Louis flicked his head back to Harry and tried to act natural. "O-Oh."

"I-I've never been bullied because of it before though." Louis nodded, "Do people know?" Harry started to chuckle, "probably not, only my family. And now you." Louis laughed with him. "Yes, so that's probably it. To be myself. Gay as fuck and happy." Louis belly laughed.

"Me too!" Harry got up and brushed himself off free of grass, "Come on, my feet have pins and needles," he pulled his hand out and let Louis catch it to be helped up from the floor. "Thanks." Harry smiled and started to walk until they were back at the car. "Thanks for that Harry." Louis opened the car door and got in, "It's fine, you needed to hear and it felt amazing actually telling someone." Harry turned to him and grinned softly before starting the engine.

They traveled back to Louis' house and parked in his drive. "If there is anything else just ask, but preferably not around humans." Louis started to laugh, "Ok I won't. Not around muggles." Harry rolled his eyes at the Harry Potter reference.

"Good because witches and wizards would hate me if you told anyone-" Louis face dropped and his eyes widened, "Wait what?! Harry Potter? Wizards and Witches are actually real?!" Harry cracked up with pure laughter leaving Louis with a clueless face.

"I'm just kidding." Louis punched him in the arm and got out of the mustang, Harry rolled the window down and was giggling hysterically, "I got you." Louis just huffed and started to smirk, which turned into a chuckle.

"Yeh yeh, shut up." Louis looked up and examined the road, no one was around. "You're a shapeshifter! So yes I am a bit gullible at the minute," Louis whispered, Harry shook his head and grinned, he rolled up the window and put his sunglasses back on. "Bye Lou." Harry drove of leaving him on his doorstop. Louis looked back as the mustang left. "Bye Haz."