55 ~ Promise

A/N I'm soooo sorry I'm not being active, I've got a bit of writers block and I've just got back to school so I have essays and homework, I am planning on finishing it this year though! I promise x

"What happened?" Harry whispered, slowly sliding his hand up to Louis' cheek and touching gently under the scratches. Louis sighed, lapping his hand over Harry's, bowing his head. "Please Lou, I won't leave. Just tell me. I need to try and remember."

Louis nodded and got up so Harry could get out of the wardrobe, he edged over to his bed sitting down nervously as Harry did the same. "T-There was a thunder storm last night." Louis whispered, not looking at Harry, just keeping his head down.

"I got woken up around 3 or 4 from banging coming from downstairs, it was still lightning and I debated for awhile but the banging kept coming every 5 seconds or so," Louis continued, feeling like he was going to throw up from trying to remember every detail.

Harry rested his hand on Louis' thigh and rubbed slightly, giving comfort. "It's okay Lou." He sighed looking up to Harry and gazing into his green spheres.

They were gorgeous.

It made Louis think,

Just for a split second.

What would it be like if Harry was just huma-

"Lou?" Harry snapped Louis out of his train of thought, he quickly shook the idea out of his head and carried on. "I came downstairs and opened the front door, you were drenched, like I said. I helped you upstairs into the bath and I tried to clean your cuts." Louis shifted, turning so he was fully facing Harry, he pulled his legs up onto the bed and crossed them.

He floated his fingers towards the bottom of Harry's shirt and asked with his eyes if he could pull it up, Harry nodded and Louis gently lifted it, revealing the bandages.

"There were 4 or 5-" Louis spread apart his fingers and drew on lightly where the claw marks were. "You kept saying it wasn't right, a-and that it should be starting to heal." Louis jerked away as Harry unraveled a bit of the bandage, twisting it around so it fell limp to his hips.

The claw marks were still there.

They were thick and deep, bruising all around his rib cage on both sides but less blood which was better news. "Why haven't you healed?" Louis pouted, his eyes glossy. Harry tucked his finger under Louis chin, making him look up.

"Other shapeshifters baby that's all, we don't heal as quickly when we're harmed by them. I'll be okay in a few days," Harry grinned, kissing Louis' nose for reassurance.

"Good,"

"What happened with t-this.." Harry tucked Louis fringe behind his ear and stroked his cheek softly, just under the cuts. Louis squeezed his eyes shut and kept sobs in. He didn't want to tell him anymore than that. Why couldn't he have just been okay after that?

"Y-You told me to stop," Louis squeezed. "I-I didn't listen, you were in pain and tried to stop the water. I-I would do that too, you went for the shower head b-but...missed." He went whiter at the end.

"I-It was my fault thoug-"
"Shhh," Harry hushed him and sat closer, pulling Louis into his lap. There was silence for a long period of time after that, but then Harry broke it.

"There's more isn't there." Louis gulped and bowed his head into Harry's chest. "I-I don't want to tell you anymore. I don't want you to leav-"
"You know I don't break promises Louis, I'm not going anywhere." Harry rocked him calmly, stroking Louis' back as he was rolled up into him.

Louis sighed, breathing heavily, in and out. "Blood. Y-You smelt blood and y-you just changed." Louis stopped, getting one of Harry's hands and holding it tightly, coiling his fingers around. "You got out of the bath and came towards me, b-but it wasn't you. Your eyes were so red a-and y-you got my wrist-" Louis cracked, sobbing soon coming from him.

Harry also shed a few tears but just let them sink into his smooth skin silently. He planted a deep kiss into Louis hair and hugged tighter.

"Y-You were scared weren't you Lou?"

There was a pause for a second before Louis nodded, painful to admit it. "I-I'm sorry-" he cried, more tears making their way down his cheeks, stinging his cuts.

"Y-You shouldn't be sorry Louis, I should. It was me after all-"
"But it wasn't!" Louis shouted getting up from Harry and scrabbling to his feet. "Whatever that was last night, was not you!" His voice trembled and he raised his hands up to his face and wiped his tears away.

Harry stood slowly, not really knowing what to do. But he instantly wrapped his muscly, bruised arms around Louis and held him as he calmed gradually. "Let's have a lie down." Harry guided him back to the bed and pulled back the covers letting Louis get in first. "Nothing like that will ever happen again. I promise." Harry still had his arms wrapped around Louis, burying his face into Louis feathery hair.

"I love you Harry. And I always will." Louis yawned sleepily, Harry smiled back, even though Louis couldn't see. "I love you too Louis. Always."

A/N I'm rlllllllly sorry for the bad chapter, I'm just trying to fit everything in and get sorted, it's going to get better now it's coming to the end, and I even have ideas for a sequall! Woop. Hope you guys will like it x

 Hope you guys will like it x