31 ~ Heartbeat

Harry stopped. Just stopped.

Talking, breathing, crying.

Luke was frowning at him with squinted eyes and Harry looked down with guilt, squeezing his eyes shut whilst clenching his jaw. Louis knew what was coming.

He opened them again and they were red, thankfully Luke didn't see as Harry's hair was down today so as he was looking at the floor his hair acted like a shield. He knew, he turned his head to look at Louis. Basically screaming help just by the look he gave him.

Louis nodded and grabbed Harry's hand, the eyes slowly faded but Harry still kept his head down. Louis stood in front of him, still keeping a soft but firm grip on Harry's hand, "Luke leave my house now!" Luke snarled and turned around about to go down stairs, he glared at Louis.

"I warned you." Luke slipped down the stairs and left the house slamming the front door. Louis huffed and sighed for a few seconds.
"I-I'm sorry about that Ha-" Louis turned around but suddenly, arms wrapped around his neck and Harry buried his head in Louis shoulder. He was sobbing.

"I-I'm so sorry, I-I'm s-so sorry, I-I'm so sorry." He repeated into Louis, he paused for a second but then quickly put his arms around Harry waist and squeezed him tightly.

"Shhh, hey, it's ok." He whimpered and sniffed, "No, no, no, no, No! IT ISN'T!" Harry screamed stumbling away from Louis, shaking his head, crying until his eyes were bloodshot.

"I'M A MONSTER! AND I ALWAYS WILL BE. I'LL ALWAYS BE ON MY OWN, ALWAYS. FOR FUCKING ETERNITY! I'LL PROBABLY JUST END UP KILLING EVERYONE! AND THEN MYSELF!" Harry cursed, getting louder even though his throat was already dry to the point where it stung to even whisper. He screamed into his hands before collapsing onto the floor.

Louis stood there, a tear also running down his cheek. He stepped closer to the boy and knelt down, Louis put his hands under Harry's on his face. He pulled them away and stretched one onto Louis chest on his left side. Harry didn't look at him.

"Harry look at me." Louis said calmly. He didn't listen, Louis wiped the tear on the back of his hand before pushing Harry's chin up and moving his hair out of his face. His eyes were the greenest Louis had ever seen them. Like actually emerald diamonds.

"Good," Louis took both of their hands back up slowly while Harry was staring into his eyes and had his attention. The hand soon touched back onto Louis chest and he sighed, "What do you feel?" He didn't say anything and kept the same, dead expression.
"L-Loui-"
"What do you feel?" Louis said, sterner and louder. Harry closed his eyes for a second. "Y-Your heart beat." Louis nodded, keeping his glare on Harry's eyes without blinking.

"Good, now what does that mean?"
"T-That your... a-alive." Louis nodded, crying more and harder.
"I-I'm not dead. A-And you're not a                      m-monster."
Louis stuttered, putting his other free hand on Harry's chest, still keeping concrete eye contact.

"You're just a boy." Harry stopped, Louis stopped. "A-And I'm not going t-to just leave a boy who has no one else." Harry closed his eyes, pain and sadness streaming down both of his cheeks. Louis pulled him in, closer than ever before, he squeezed him with his arms cloaked around him. They stayed like that for a few minutes.

"Thank you Louis."

He pulled away and Louis breathed deeply. Harry put his hand on his cheek and wiped his thumb across Louis tears that had stained his pink, flushed cheeks.
"You scared me." Harry looked down and removed his hand, Louis put his finger back under Harry's chin. Pushing it up.
"But not enough for me to hate you. That will never happen."
"Louis, I-It's happened before-"
"Don't make me hate you then." Louis smiled, hugging him again. He stood up and looked at Harry on the ground.

His hand waited for Harry just above his head and he looked up taking it. Louis helped him up and they stared at each other not knowing what to do.

"I hurt Luke."

A/N I cried writing this so good luck to u guys😂😭 - question of today, how old do u think I am😂