3. "I'm Park Jimin"

Flashback

"Aagh", you yelled loudly as someone bumped into you.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry", the boy exclaimed, rushing to help you.

There were staples of books lying on the ground.
They had probably been knocked over thanks to him bumping into you.

"Aish, can't you watch where you're going?", you mumbled, taking his hand to stand up again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you."
He scratched the back of his head in an embarrassed way.

He was shorter than you and had a very youthful appearance.
You thought to yourself that he was younger than you even though you were probably both in the same year.

"I'm Park Jimin, class 11/B", he introduced himself and bowed.
You almost scoffed out loud. He was actually a year above you.

"I'm Y/N, 10/C", you bowed back.

He looked a little surprised.
"Wow I've never seen you around."

"I just transferred this year", you told him.

That's right. You had been going to this school for 4 months and failed in finding friends, now you were doomed and bound to stay alone until graduation - if you ever got that far.

"Ah I see, why did you transfer?"

You gulped. How were you supposed to tell him that you ran away from home, changed schools and were living alone in an old apartment, basically broke because the aunt you were living with had just died recently?

"It's... a long story", you sighed, trying to avoid telling him.

Jimin seemed to have noticed the sadness in your eyes.
"Right, sorry. It's none of my buisness!", he smiled.

Something about him made you feel happier and warm inside.

You gave him a thankful look and helped him pick up the books from the ground. He was so small that the book staple was larger than him.
It was no wonder that he didn't see you and ended up bumping into you.

"Do you need help with that?", you giggled.

You couldn't see the face he made behind the tower of books, but you heard a thankful sigh.
"That would be awesome, thanks."

You took half of the pile in your hands and followed him.

"But...don't you have anywhere to be? I'm wasting your break time, sorry", he suddenly said while taking a turn.

"N-no. It's fine, I don't really have anything to do anyways", you mumbled just so that he could hear you.

You always hung out alone during lunch break.
All the girls in your class were the same and didn't like you very much because you liked hanging out with guys more.

However, the guys had no intention on being "just" friends with you. Apart from maybe Taehyung who was absent most of the time, and Jungkook who seemed scared of girls.

Jimin's head turned a bit to check on you as you walked.

A few minutes later, you arrived to the classroom and placed the books on the teacher's desk.

"Thanks a lot", Jimin repeated, giving you a bright smile.

He was the first friendly person you had met at this school.

"No problem", you smiled back and just wanted to leave before he stopped you.

"You said you have nothing to do, right? Would you like to hang out with me and some friends at the cafeteria?"