35 - "Because I love them"

"This is serious", Jin stated and Yoongi nodded slightly behind him. The oldest member of the group had gotten so stressed out, that a crease formed on his forehead. His palms were sweaty, his hands trembling because of the news he had just heard from Yoongi.

Taehyung and Hoseok were also in trance-like state, shook in disbelief and unease.
"I can't believe Namjoon actually called again", Hoseok spoke up first, breaking the deadly silence.

"Did he say any specific reason as to why we have to leave?", Taehyung questioned, feeling a little sceptic over the whole thing. Why would Namjoon just call after more than a year to simply tell them to leave?

Yoongi shook his head in response.
"He said we should do the same as Y/N and Jimin and leave the country quickly, that we should run."

Jin placed his fingertips onto the bridge of his nose, the crease on his forehead still prominently showing.
"That sounds like it may be linked to them. They were being chased and that was why Jimin and Y/N ran. Could it be that the same person is now after us?"

"But why would the same person chasing them want us as well?", Hoseok asked, dumbfounded. He always wondered how Jin managed to come up with these theories.

"We can't know for sure. Maybe it all has nothing to do with Y/N and Jimin", Taehyung muttered.

"So...What do we do now?", Hoseok tiredly asked.
"Do we really leave?"

The room fell silent again. They all trusted Namjoon with their lives, but also found the whole thing suspicious. Further explanations hadn't been given, just the order to get out of there and run. Even though they would have normally trusted their leader, they all knew several things held them back.

"We can't", Taehyung sneered, his head facing the door of Jungkook's room.
The others fell silent at the sound of their unconcious friend's pulse count. There was no way they could transport Jungkook in that state.

"I don't give a shit about what Namjoon says", Taehyung continued.
"He's been gone for over a year without even calling and now he's suddenly telling us to leave this place??"

"I know. I was angry too, Taehyung", Jin muttered.

Yoongi scoffed at the memory of Jin yelling through the whole house. That was what had had attracted the other members' attention in the first place.

"We can give him time to explain once we meet again. But for now, we have to trust him", the oldest sighed.

"And leave Jungkook here, is that what you're saying?", Taehyung shouted, now losing his composure.

Yoongi gripped his friend's arm coldly so that he could prevent him from having a go at Jin.

"He never said that. Calm down", the older boy warned and stared into Taehyung's large orbs.

"Right. I never implied that we should leave Jungkook here", Jin defended himself.
"Trust me, I'd be the last person to do that."

Taehyung saw that he was being unreasonable again and apologized, brushing Yoongi's hand off his own arm.

"Seriously though, what do we do now?", Hoseok panicked.

"Nothing", Jin shrugged.
"There isn't much we can do."

The others looked at him worriedly.

"We can't leave the country... So we'll just have to be extremely careful and get a lot stronger, okay?", Jin motivated.
"We could try and move a few cities away, but further than that won't be possible because of Jungkook's state."