33 - "It's not the right time yet."

1 year and 6 months later

"Jimin, are you okay?", you asked and stroked through his soft hair.
He had dyed it again throughout the time you were abroad and was now a bright blonde and not grey anymore.

He woke up from his uneasy nap and gazed at you with puffy eyes.
"Yeah.. I dozed off again, sorry", he spoke.

"You're tired, you should get some proper sleep, not just naps every once in a while", you advised with an eyebrow raise.
Being together for so long made you feel like a constantly nagging wife, but you were just worried about him.

"So should you", he cheekily replied, poking your cheek.

You sighed and looked over the shoulder of your cab driver, who was driving carefully across the dark highway. It was somewhere in the middle of the night, you didn't even know where anymore.

A little over a year had passed after leaving Korea and you had managed to avoid any serious trouble. Only a few times had Hongbin's men managed to track you down, but you had always made it out alive, thankfully.

You had travelled through America, northern Europe, China and were now back in America as it seemed to have been the safest place. You stayed at a hotel and then occasionally moved back to Tony's apartment he had lent you. He was a friend of Jimin's that had helped you out a lot with your escape.

Looking down at your entwined hands, you felt Jimin's injured one not being as twitchy as before. The shotwound he had gotten from Jungkook was healed from the outside, but still had its effects.

Speaking of Jungkook, he hadn't woken up from his coma yet. You had kept in contact with Bangtan every few months or so, just to hear their situation. Of course, Jimin didn't know about that.

However, not much had changed since you left. The remaining guys were training their butts of, as they were active as a team again. Jungkook was still unconcious and Namjoon hadn't returned or even called once.
But everyone refused to believe that he was dead, especially Jin.

You were glad that you could talk to Taehyung normally again after the phonecall you had had about a year ago. Things seemed to have been getting better between you two again. But you rather wanted to clarify everything once you got to see him again in person.

That is, if you ever went back to Korea at all.

The driver let you out in front of a very luxorious hotel. It was typical for Jimin to only get the best places to stay. You wondered where all that money even came from.

He pulled your hood up for you and went to the reception desk to get the room keys while you waited in the cab.

"You two are a great couple", the cab driver said.
He of course had no idea what kind of people Jimin and you actually were. To him, you were probably just a couple enjoying their holiday together.

"Thank you", you sweetly replied.

"Are you married?"

"Ah no, no", you laughed.

"That's a shame", he muttered. It was an older man, so you weren't offended about him asking personal questions.

"Maybe someday", you said to yourself more than to him.

"Indeed, but don't wait too long. My wife and I got married in our forties, so we had no chance of getting any kids", he rambled.

You nearly coughed in surprise over the sudden topic.
"Ah-uhm.. kids? Yeah haha no, I don't think-"