13. "I don't want to leave him"

Flashback

Your breath was failing on you as you gave your last energy and willpower to run as fast as you could.
Fully aware that the enemies were basically right behind you gave you a huge adrenaline boost.

Jin was running to your right, Hoseok and Yoongi right behind you.

A hasty look over your shoulder let you see the enemies' dark hoods emerging from afar

"We need to get rid of them or else we won't make it!", Jin huffed.
His stamina wasn't the best in the team and you knew he and Yoongi wouldn't last much longer at this point.

"Y/N can you shoot while running?", Hoseok breathed.
He asked you since you were the best shooter there at the moment. Jungkook hadn't gone on missions at that time.

"I guess. Why?", you replied as quickly as possible to not lose more breath than needed.

"You have to... shoot to... slow them down", Hoseok gasped back, barely being able to speak.
It seemed like a good plan to you since you needed to get further in front of the enemy to be able to meet with the others.

As far as you had heard over the earpiece, their condition wasn't really the best.
What had worried you the most was not hearing from Jimin at all.

You had already taken out your gun, aiming smoothly over your shoulder.

You took a clean shot, probably hitting someone, you could hear by the commotion going on in the group that was chasing you.
"Nice", Jin proudly cheered.

You took another attempt, firing a few shots behind you. Hoseok's plan was successful. The enemy started falling back.

"This is Hope, we are in safe distance from the enemy now. Over", Hoseok informed over the earpiece.

It took a moment for Namjoon to answer with a slightly shaky voice which was only noticeable for the first seconds.
"Good... meet us at the parking lot again. Over."

You were worried. He sounded as if something was wrong.

"Something happened", Jin read your thoughts as you all increased your running speed.

The mission was terribly difficult and you had forcefully been split up.
Jimin, Namjoon and Taehyung were a strong combination, so you didn't worry much about them at first.

But for this mission, Jimin hadn't contacted you at all, which wasn't like him.

You ran over to the huge building stranded in the middle of nowhere which seemed rather like a desert to you. Taking the back entrance, you immediately saw Namjoon and Taehyung standing there.
Jimin was on the ground.

You tried staying calm as their panicked faces fell on you.
"Guys... what's going on?"

Namjoon blocked your view of Jimin and spoke calmly.
"He got shot while we were trying to escape. Please don't panic."