32. "Let your mistakes remain in the past"

Jimin woke up all sweaty and filled with adrenaline. He didn't know if it was the jetlag or something else, but he couldn't sleep normally, although that wasn't anything new.

He kept having the bad dreams again, even though he thought that it had stopped.  Looking next to himself, Jimin saw you sleeping soundly. With a little smile, he pressed a kiss on your side, careful not to wake you up.

However, you were in an alarmed state ever since Jimin had told you about the danger you were in and were awake with the slightest touch.

"I didn't want to wake you up, sorry", he muttered.

You sighed in relief that it was only him and checked the time.
It was 1 in the morning.

"The jetlag?", you asked him. There was a time difference of about 10 hours between America and Korea, so no wonder he couldn't get used to it.

"No, I just had a dream, that's all", he tiredly sighed.

You couldn't forget about that one night when he had let the glass fall down in the kitchen. That time, he had woken up from a nightmare too.
That meant that he was still having them?

"Is something bothering you?", you asked.
"I remember you having difficulties sleeping back home too."

Jimin chuckled at how worried you looked.
"You look funny when you make that face."

"What face?"

He then pinched your cheeks together and kissed you.
"When you're worried, your eyebrows always do this."

He tried mimicking the look you always made by wiggling his eyebrows awkwardly.

You had to snort at that.
"I don't look like that!"

He then laughed mockingly and placed his arms around you, causing you to move closer to him.
"Why do you always sleep so far away from me?"

You shrugged.
"Maybe it's because I was used to keeping your side of the bed empty for 2 years."

His grip on you tightened before he bried his face in your neck.
"I'm sorry..."

You snuggled yourself onto him as well, feeling ready to fall asleep again.
"You didn't answer my question though", you reminded silently.

"Hm?", he hummed tiredly.

"Is something bothering you and causing those nightmares?", you tried again, but didn't get a reply.

His deep breathing let you know that he was either sleeping or pretending to be asleep. Jimin held onto you tightly, not letting you go, even while unconcious.

"What do I do with you?", you sighed and let yourself be snuggled by him.
He was still such a baby, that was a thing that never changed.

----

"And that's how Jimin joined", Jin finished the story.

Taehyung had listened attentively all this time and was struck by Jimin's past.
"I never would have imagined him being like that before joining Bangtan..."

"Yeah.. Jimin seems more like a guy who's talented in everything and would kill without a second thought. But he's the one that had the toughest time out of everyone", Jin explained.
"To be honest, I think Namjoon forced him too much. Yoongi and I never knew why he was so focused on getting Jimin into Bangtan."

"So he actually isn't meant to be a killer?", Taehyung wondered.

"He's too soft-hearted. Jimin would have never even killed a fly in the dorm", Jin chuckled.