31. Lie

Flashback

"Sorry kid. Your parents are gone", the policeman said and ruffled through little Jimin's hair. "But I guess you'll be swimming in money for the rest of your life, so you wouldn't care anyways."

Jimin looked at the man with big eyes. He didn't understand, neither did he realize that his parents were actually dead. It couldn't be.

"You're lying", Jimin mumbled.

"Nope. They died in a car crash", the other man lied.

"Come on, he'll find out some day anyways, so why not just tell him they went bankrupt and then killed themselves", the policeman whispered loudly on purpose.

Jimin covered his ears and ran for it. He didn't like to hear people talking badly about his parents like that.

"Hey kid, wait!", one of them shouted, but Jimin kept running as far as his feet carried him.

He didn't know where he was going, neither did he care. He was all by himself, all alone.

Many people watched him as he ran past them. They all knew him as Park Jimin, the son of the richest family in the city. However, they also knew that this family went bankrupt and had heard what happened in the news. His parents were dead.

Jimin was the only one that didn't understand. He was about 15 and didn't really have any contact to the world outside of his house.
His parents had never let him go further than their yard.

"It's that boy... it's their son..."

People whispered all around him and stared as if he was a zoo animal. It made him feel ashamed and guilty for some reason.
Why were they all staring at him?

He didn't dare and look as he ran further down the streets he had never seen before in his life.

Hiding in an alleyway, he felt how he was shivering out of fear. His parents were really gone? That meant that he was alone. He was all by himself and didn't know what to do.

He hated being alone. Little sobs left his lips for the first time after finding their ruined house and the police that morning.

"Ey rich kid", a grumpy voice called out to him.
He turned to see a dark haired boy, not much older than himself. His clothes were baggy, his eyes squinted to straight lines.

"Y-you mean me?", Jimin asked.

"Whoa you talk so formally", the boy exclaimed.
"That's hilarious."

Jimin felt his face becoming red. He suddenly felt so small even though his parents had always told him he had more power than the people in this city.

"Who are you?", Jimin asked.

"Me? Oh you can call me Suga", he said.

Jimin's nose twitched.
"What kind of a name is that?"

"You're that Park kid. The one whose family went bankrupt and commited suicide", Yoongi continued without answering the question.

Jimin got up on both feet.
"Don't talk like that about my parents!"

"Ohh rich kid has some temper", Yoongi awed.
"You might even have what it takes to join us."

"Join you?"

"You fancy killing people?", the older playfully asked.

Jimin's brows jumped as he took a step back.
"Are you crazy? I'd never kill someone! What kind of monsters do that?!"