28. "I'm sorry"

"Park Jimin, I'll be damned!", the tall man greeted his old friend with a hug and shoulder clap. More people behind hin appeared, all happy to see Jimin.
"I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Sorry. We haven't had the chance to part properly before", Jimin spoke.
"I missed you guys."

He wanted to get things done quickly, as it was the middle of the night and didn't want to leave you unprotected while sleeping.

"What brings you here?", one of the others asked in curiosity.

"I need a favor."

----

You woke up alone in the morning. Jimin had left you a note on the table beside the bed.

"Hey babe,

I'll be back soon, don't worry.
Do not leave the room and don't open the door to anyone. I have a key with me.

Love you"

Why the whole "don't leave the room"- part though?

You went to the bathroom to make sure you looked at least a little decent before Jimin came back.  Washing your face, you realized that you looked well-slept for once in a while.

All of that stress with Bangtan had started driving you crazy.
This was the first good night sleep you had gotten in several months.

Maybe that was why your face was too puffy. Or was that the wine from the night before?

You went back to the room and immediately noticed something was wrong. Or at least, you had that kind of feeling.

Scanning the room, you looked for what it could have been.
It just didn't occur to you until a slight breeze let the curtains sway away from the open window.

The window had been closed when you had gotten up from bed.

Your heart rate increased while you searched the room with your eyes.
Was there something else that was different?

You were over 20 floors above ground, so nobody could have gotten inside through the window.

Why was it open then?

Or was it really just your imagination and it had already been open beforehand?

A rustle against the entrance door made you flinch. It had sounded as if someone had kicked against it.

You took the glass vase from the table next to you. Since you didn't have any weapons with you, this was your only choice to protect yourself.

Maybe it was because you hadn't experienced that well-known adrenaline rush for the past weeks, but you actually felt your heart pounding out of your chest.

You had never doubted your own strength before, but now after meeting Hongbin and everything with Jungkook...
Some kind of insecurity lurked within you.

There was another bang and then, it opened. The door was behind a smaller corridor, so you couldn't see who it was.

But the steps came inside and approached you. Raising the vase, you waited hidden behind the corridor wall, the blood rushing through your ears.

"What the-", Jimin gasped when you tried throwing the vase onto his head.

Thankfully, his reflexes were quicker than you, so the vase fell and broke on the ground. You were breathing heavily and had only then noticed how scared you had become at the thought of someone getting inside the room.