36. - "Why him of all people?"

Taehyung stared at the speaker in shock. He realized that Jimin had walked in on you talking on the phone and you were probably in a lot of trouble now because of him. He snapped out of it feeling Jin's hand squeezing his shoulder.

"That was Jimin", the boy could only whisper out, recalling the male voice on the other side of the line.

"I heard", Jin sighed and leaned against the wall.

"Do you think...he'll hurt her? Because of this?", Taehyung breathed.

"No, he wouldn't", Jin almost laughed. He knew well that no matter how angry Jimin was, he would never hurt you.

Taehyung started tracing across the room, feeling his anxiety build up again. This had started ever since thw incident with Jungkook and it wouldn't stop at all. His hands were shaking. Constantly feeling like everything was his fault had become an old habit by then.

"Taehyung, calm down", Jin slowly spoke and shook Taehyung by his shoulders.
"Y/N will get it sorted out. She can explain it to him."

"Yeah but what if we can't call her from now on?", Taehyung whined.
"What if we can never see her again and there's no way to contact her anymore?? What if Jimin turns super aggressive again and goes after us now? It's my fault again!"

"I said, calm down!", Jin shouted at him, only to stop his wild theories and self-blame.
"Go and get some rest now."

The boy hesitantly obeyed and threw a last glance to the screen, hoping you'd call again shortly after, but you didn't.

----

You didn't dare and call Bangtan again after what had happened. Especially because of how guilty you felt towards Jimin. You knew that you had the right to talk to them, but seeing Jimin's trust for you breaking into pieces again, made your chest feel all tight and uneasy.

He was silent. All the time.

Whenever you tried to start up a conversation or talk about what had happened, he would stop you or just ignore your questions. You knew him well enough to see that he wanted to talk, but his pride held him back from giving in. Besides, he probably didn't know what to tell you, or he didn't know how to express his feelings correctly.

A few days passed like that and you couldn't hold in the silence.

"Jimin, talk to me, please", you begged.

He licked his lower lip, as he usually did when nervous.
"I need time to think."

"Think about what? You already took 4 years to think..."

His eyes met yours forcefully as he slightly leaned his head over.
"I just need some space now, okay?"

You hid the fact that you were hurt by his words and nodded. As he kept ignoring you, you started feeling angry, as well as hurt at the same time. The both of you had gone through so much by now and you understood his hate towards Bangtan, but being like this to you...
It was a bit too much.

"I forgave you when you first said you killed them in that fire", you silently spoke, recalling the outburst you had back then.
"I was angry too, but I forgave you. Also, with Jungkook, I stayed with you. So I think you could also try and forgive me for wanting to speak to my family."