24. "Our contract is over"

Jimin had been avoiding you for the next few days.
You thought it had something to do with the question you had asked him about Bangtan and actually not wanting to kill them.

He seemed so lost and confused that time, that you actually hoped he might change his mind.
Was there a possibility that he saw no point in revenge anymore?

You wanted to leave him some space, but ended up missing him all the time. He had the nerve to sleep with you after 2 years and then just not talk to you for the next days.

You noticed your stomach growling and realized it was far past lunchtime so you decided to make some food.
Jimin usually cooked food for you himself or would occasionally call in the maids which normally weren't in the house anymore.

Today you thought it would be best to leave him alone to his thoughts.
You really wanted him to sort things out already and decide what he wanted. For you, it didn't matter anymore. You had left Bangtan for a reason and didn't want to feel guilty again because of them. You were finally with Jimin now, with no regrets.

Jin normally cooked at the dorm so you had no idea how to do it or what to make.
Helplessly, you started searching for Jimin after all.

You needed food.

Not looking for him much, you saw him in the training room. He was literally just standing there in front of the torn punching bag with a piece of paper in his hands. You couldn't help but wonder why he was staring at it like that.

"Jimin?", you asked cautiously as you leaned on the doorframe.

"Hm?"

"Will we eat something?", you asked, surprising him.

"What's the time?", he questioned without really looking up.

"About 2 o'clock."
Your stomach made another growling sound.

Jimin covered his face.
"I'm sorry, Y/N... I totally lost track of time. We'll go out to eat today."

The thought made you excited. You would finally get to go outside again and go to another place apart from around the house.

---

You got into Jimin's car with him. It had the familiar scent of mint, just like him. Jimin sat down, making the leather seat give a pleasing sound.

He avoided your look before starting the engine and then driving off.

"Are you avoiding me?", you dared to ask.
It wasn't a question, it was obvious. You just wanted to know what was on his mind.

"Sorry, I just need time to think about some things", he admitted.
"It doesn't have to do with you, don't worry", he then added.

"Was it because of what I asked you a few days ago? About Bangtan?"

The car swayed for a second.
He wanted to tell you to not mention them, but just didn't have the energy.
They had been appearing in his thoughts too often lately.

"I guess", he just said before taking a turn.

You knew something was wrong. And even if he thought you hadn't noticed, he had been having nightmares lately, even more than usual.

You moved a little in your seat.
It was best to not say anything else just yet, so you admired the landscape from your window.
Jimin placed a hand on yours while driving with his other.

It was his injured hand.

Somehow, it made you sad just looking at it. The wound was Jungkoom's doing, but he hadn't really meant it that way.