11. "Jagiya"

"Shit!!", you yelped as you hit your foot against something.
It was that type of injury that only started hurting after a moment, but you knew the pain was going to come right after.

What made it even worse, it was the middle of the night and you couldn't even see anything.

Jimin rushed into the room a few moments later with a worried face. He had a white t-shirt and boxers on, showing that he had just been woken up as well.
However, it was a sight of him you had been used to 2 years ago.

He saw you jumping on one leg, grasping onto your other one in pain.

"You're still so clumsy Y/N", he smiled as he helped you limp to the living room.
"Wait here", he said while sitting you down on the couch.

He rushed out to get some ice from the kitchen and returned quickly to cover your already swollen foot.

"Why does this happen to me?", you sighed with your teeth clenched together.
Jimin gave a soft smile as he stroked your back.

Everything felt so perfect in this moment (apart from the fact that you were in pain).
Jimin cared for you and it all felt like it did before.

Well... almost.

He wasn't quite himself, but that could have also just been him as a grown up. You couldn't have expected him to always have the same humorous and silly personality like when you were together in highschool, right?

But you knew that his seriousness must have been influenced by his near-death experience.
Whatever had happened there...

"Do you feel better now?", he asked while flipping the ice bag over again.

"Yes, thank you..."

He sighed in relief as he planted a kiss on your temple, making your chest become heavy again.
No matter how often he did it, you still felt slightly flustered every time he acted cute towards you.

"How did you hurt yourself?", he asked.

You weren't sure whether to share it with him, but your drowsiness caused you to be more talkative than usual.

"I had a bad dream and wanted to get some fresh air by opening the window. But I must have hit my foot against the bed..."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in worry.
"Well, how would you like sleeping in my bed from now on?", he suggested, causing your jaw to drop open.

"Wha- like, with you in your bed?", you blurted out.

He seemed a little hurt.
"I just thought... we are still boyfriend and girlfriend after all. And I don't want you having nightmares anymore."

Your gaze softened a little.
Maybe he was right. All this time, you had been the one pushing him away. It was time for you to try and open up to him a bit.

"O-okay", you agreed, seeing this as your chance to get him to trust you. But you'd be lying if you said that you didn't want to sleep in one bed with him. You had only rejected it until now because of the thing with Bangtan...

His face lightened up.
"So I can call you Jagiya* again?"
[*what young Korean couples call each other*]

You shrugged but then had to laugh at the memory of him always having enjoyed using that term for you.

"I guess", you chuckled, secretly enjoying it.

The amount of guilt you felt towards Bangtan was unbearable. They were depending on you to quickly get Jimin back, but here you were, enjoying yourself.