40. - "We're leaving"

Namjoon knocked several times, but received no answer. Just his luck, Hongbin was probably asleep.

He entered the room without permission and was faced by an empty office chair. The purple-haired man took out the knife from the back of his belt and carefully stepped around the desk.

He examined the place for any traps or such, just in case. Hongbin was always extra careful.

As there really wasn't anyone there, Namjoon proceeded to the computer. While he was already there, he might as well look up some important information. He quickly loaded all the files that looked like they were of any significance onto a USB stick and shoved it in his pocket.

This would be useful if Hongbin somehow managed to get away.

He then walked back out and made his way to the most guarded corridor of the house - Hongbin's part of the hideout where no one could enter.
Apart from important people of course. Namjoon was lucky to call himself one of them.

He was immediately stopped by one of the guards.
"Name?"

"Randa", Namjoon told them.
The man looked at the list of names that were permitted and gave a quick nod. He was better known as Randa around here.

There were about 10 men in front of the very room. It would be best if he didn't make any noise and get their attention while doing his job.

Namjoon walked to the door.

"It seems as if the boss is sleeping. Is your topic of importance to wake him up?", one of the men asked hesitantly. Waking up Hongbin is basically like a self-declared death sentence.

"It is. But I'll do that myself", Namjoon coldly replied and entered the dark room.

In front of him was a king-sized bed. Greedily spread across the room were staples of gold bars, as you would imagine it from movies. Namjoon felt as if he had stepped into a huge safe, not a bedroom.

In the bed was a sleeping figure.

This was his chance.

Drawing the knife from his pocket, he approached the deeply breathing man on the bed. He couldn't see much, but he identified the strong cologne the boss used.

Maybe it was better to suffocate with a pillow than stab? That wouldn't make such a mess.

And so he did. He changed his mind and raised a pillow from the side. Just before the sleeping figure moved in their sleep, Namjoon hit hard against their face with the pillow.

The man hummed against the surface, unable to gasp for air.

"Die, bastard", Namjoon cursed under his breath.

He hated this, but Namjoon believed that he would one day repent for everything he had done.

But he did it for your and Jimin's freedom... and Bangtan's.

The man stopped struggling and Namjoon felt the air leaving his victim's lungs instantly. He hurled the pillow away and checked the pulse.

He was actually dead.

He hadn't imagined it being this easy. It somehow hurt him to kill his teacher and the man who had taken him in when he had no other place to go.
But Hongbin had changed since then. He wasn't the man he had known before.

It was probably easier killing him because Namjoon couldn't see the face.
Anyways, he had to leave. There was still things he needed to take care of.

The guards didn't say much as Namjoon left the room and his only hope was that they wouldn't look inside. If someone found the boss dead, they'd immediately turn on the alarm and they'd know it was Namjoon.