30. "We'll figure this out together"

You and Jimin had gotten on the private plane and were on your way to America. He himself was more relaxed than earlier, so you felt safer again too.
Nobody could be following you here.

"You should have told me", you muttered, feeling a little offended than he hadn't told you in how much danger you actually were.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worry that much", he admitted, brushing over your thigh.

"I'm an assassin too, I can handle situations like these", you argued.

Jimin just chuckled.
"Speaking of being an assassin, here you go."

He handed you one of the packages he had gotten from Tony and Chae. Once you took it from his hands, you could immediately tell it was a gun.

"It's loaded, be careful."

You rolled your eyes at his warning. He acted as if you were totally unexperienced and new to this. But alone the fact that he was handing you a weapon for the first time since you had started living with him, must have meant that it was serious.

He had always stressed how he was the one to protect you, but this spoke against that statement. Giving you a gun meant that he was unsure whether he could protect you completely.

"Just in case, you know", he innocently smiled.

You didn't completely believe him on that.
"Where are we going now?"

He shrugged and chuckled.
"Where the wind takes us."

"Is Hongbin still after us?", you questioned, taking him off guard.

"Probably", Jimin mumbled.
"But he should have lost track by now, as we're not using public transport."

"Thanks to Tony", you reminded.
"How did you two meet anyways?"

"Tony and his gang used to lurk around Seoul. That's when I met them for the first time", he recalled.
"It was about a year ago."

"So it was while you were...dead?"

Jimin made a short "Mhm" and placed his arm over your seat.
"I already had the deal with Hongbin by then and was out on a mission for him. I got hurt and Tony was kind enough to help me even though I was a stranger."

You could imagine that happening. Tony really did seem like a nice guy who would do such a thing.

"He took me to their base and we became friends. He was the first friend I'd found after surviving that injury and working for Hongbin, so in a way, he and his gang were the first to show me kindness."

You hadn't met the other members of Tony's gang apart from Chae, but you had a feeling they were all really nice people.

"What happened then?"

"They were being hunted down by another gang and two of their members died. After that, they moved to America, then to Hawaii for protection and stayed there."

"It must have been hard for you when they left."

"It was. I was all alone again", Jimin remembered.
"But I was too concentrated on my revenge to really realize they left. I felt sorry for not saying goodbye afterwards."

You felt your smile fall. As Tony had mentioned, Jimin must have been really dark back then. Meeting again after a year was surely nice for both.

"When we ran, the first destination I thought of going was America", Jimin explained.
"But in case we were prevented, which we were, I figured that paying Tony a visit would help us out."