43. "We'll avenge him"

You stared at the motionless corpse on the ground as Jimin bent over it. The rain was pouring so heavily, that the blood was washed away from all of you. In the rain, Namjoon looked like he was shedding tears, but you knew that wasn't possible.

"He's dead", Jimin silently spoke and sighed.

You wanted to tell him to shut up, but didn't even have the time. You heard a car pulling up in front of the building. Feeling your stomach twist at the realization who it probably was, you looked at Jimin. He returned the nervous expression.

If it was the guys from Bangtan, what would you do? How would they react to Namjoon lying there?

You heard voices, which could clearly be identified as Taehyung's and Hoseok's. This was your first time seeing them after your absence for over a year. You waited for Taehyung to come up the metal stairs first. Namjoon must have told them to come to the roof. It was only then that he realized everything was over already.

His hair was damp, the heavy rain was runnung down his whole body. The familiar bulletproof vest was the first thing you noticed, and that he had a large rifle on his back. They had really come to help you...

"Y/N", Taehyung mouthed, unsure of how to greet you after all this time.
He attempted to speak, but it felt as if his tongue had been cut off upon suddenly seeing the corpse on the ground.

His mouth remained open, unable to utter a word or even blink. He just looked down at the sleeping face of another friend he had lost.

It was the scene with Jungkook all over again.
"Is that...-"

He couldn't even finish his sentence before Hoseok and Yoongi arrived as well. Thankfully, Jin had probably stayed at home with Jungkook. He was the last person that wanted to see this.

First off, the two couldn't take their eyes off Jimin who was standing so close to everyone, just like that. He didn't say anything, neither did he try to kill them. He just stood there silently, looking down at Namjoon.

Sehun and Kai backed off a little, letting the members step closer. You had absolutely forgotten that they were there as well. Everyone was in shook, looking at Namjoon.

"What happened?", Yoongi muttered, letting his gun sink.

You didn't know where to look anymore. Somehow, you couldn't cry. No one could. The rain made it look like everyone was weeping, but you knew they weren't. For some reason, nobody could shed a single tear at this very moment. It was due to the shock.

"He protected me", Jimin suddenly spoke.
"I'm the one to blame."

You tried swallowing the clump in your throat, but it didn't go away.
"It's not your fault..."

Taehyung kneeled down next to the leader's side and softly slapped his cheek, completely ignoring Jimin.

"I haven't seen you in over a year... and this is how you greet us?", he laughed ironically.

The others were all frozen. You were expecting at least Hoseok to shed a tear, but he didn't. Why was it, that every time you saw the guys after a long time, someone ended up dying or getting hurt?
Not even Jimin, who was looking at Taehyung carefully, dared to say something. You wondered how he was feeling at the moment.

Taehyung rested his head on Namjoon's chest, as he had done before with Jungkook. The rain slammed against the roof, drenching the ground. Several dead leaves were drawn along with the harsh stream and stayed stuck in the opening of a gutter.

Jimin couldn't stop looking at Namjoon and Taehyung. The two guys that had witnessed how Jimin had gotten shot and made everyone leave him behind. They used to be his main targets. He used to hate them so damn much. Right now, he felt sorry for them. So sorry, that words couldn't describe.